Dark Heaven: No Bases?

03555 > Thilinos Nightflame, Dark Elf has no base.

This made me very happy.

I hate the standard brocoli base and often have to saw them off. Not something I enjoy doing as it adds time to it. I'd rather see them have no base as this figure. Is this something that we can expect to see on more figures coming down the line? If it stands on its own it saves material no?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate integral bases as well.

That said, Reaper probably uses integral bases so that figures are "ready" right out of the pack. (yes? no?) This one seems able to stand fine on its own, so unless they start making all their models as tripods...

I'd at least like it if baseless became a new standard. And yeah, it would save on production costs. *cough*

As far as integral bases, Yup Ready to play, out of the package, minus painting of course.

Reaper has said that most gamer don't like to fiddle with simple things such as glue & would rather have a ready to play figure, thus the reason for the bases in 98-99% of the DH line.

I don't mind the base myself, since I glue all non 1 inch square plastic slot based (gee now I know why people just say Warhammer base :blink: ) on bases just to keep them all the same. Certain DH Werner Klocke minis you kinda have to put them on a base just to give them some size to stand on.

RM