Unintentional Turn Coat

fieldarchy

Hey Everyone,

I feel obliged to announce this recent development here because Reaper Forums is where I got my start with mini painting. If it weren't for so many people here I wouldn't have learned nearly as quickly and gotten to where I am today. It was dedication, perseverance and lots of good advice and encouragement here that made me the painter I am today.

So . . . without further ado, you are now looking at the newest staff painter for Privateer Press. ::):

I am going to be around for Reaper Con but hopefully leaving right after that to move to Seattle. I also probably won't be around here too much any more. I'll be painting primarily for Privateer but when I do manage to get a piece painted for myself I'll post it here and CMoN and of course y'all can keep up with me through PMs, visiting at conventions and Facebook (facebook.com/meg.maples)

I love everyone here and am very thankful to Ed, Dave and the other head honchos who gave me the opportunity to work at Reaper and paint for Reaper.

Meg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Git 'er she different then us!!! :blues:

Congrtz on the new job & I'm pretty sure you'll be ok amongst the painting crowd, heck if the show off can have space marines & warjacks & whatever along with Reaper I'm sure you'll be fine. Plus, hey it's a job!

RM

I'm not worried about people being upset with me showing PP stuff on here or anything. It's more that I don't know that I'll have the time to be around here all that much any more. I'm looking forward to having my evenings to myself again and be able to sate my painting itch during the day. ::): It's a big win for me!

But don't worry I'm not leaving, leaving. Just gonna be a bit scarce.

• Reaper User

Along with everyone else I too want to wish you the best of luck on your new adventure, and it does sound grand!

To everyone upset she will be leaving us, like she said, she will be around, just not as often.

PP is a great company and anyone that has ever met Meg, or seen her painting work first hand, knows she will be a great addition to their staff. That said, we do hope she will occasionally make return trips to Reaper to visit us little people!!!

Good luck Meg, I hope you do find what you wish for :poke:

Ok Meg if you're not Reapercon this year I'm going to be Sad Panda, also I really wanted to pick your brain on a few painting subjects. In your other moving post I suspected that you were going to Seattle for PP or WoTC. You'll be missed. BTW I'm gonna friend you in FB look for the New York Yankee Avatar.

She gets to hang out with me now...yeah I can tell you're all jealous. :devil:

I wish I had a like button for this. Yes, Mark can now gloat to the rest of the Reaper forums how he's hanging out with teh awesomeness that is MEG!

@Ed--Awwww! Make me all teary eyed Ed! *sniff sniff*

Wolfy, I shall be at Reaper Con. You can pick my brain. Not leaving until a few days after the weekend assuming I can find tenants for the home. ::):

Wumby you can be that good. Anyone can. I'm certainly not one of the greats. I'm good but not up there in the top ranks . . . YET. Just gotta work at it every day. Really, paint 5 days out of the week for an hour or so and you'll start to see rapid improvement.

And thank you.