Were there plans for a conversion buildoff?

Krztoff

I'm going through my list of stuff to pack, and I was wondering if there were plans to do the conversion buildoff again, and therefore, if I needed to pack the Dremel. I know that it happened last year mostly (entirely) because Lanse came, but I remember people saying they had fun with it and they'd like to do it again, but have seen no word on it either way.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's two part. First, you make a vehicle with pieces from reappropriated electronics. Second, using bits from Reaper miniatures, you make a crew (can be just one) for said vehicle. I believe other pieces of equipment were allowed too (things like a time machine or a piece of lab equipment). Then, you paint it. You get the duration of the convention to do this with disassembly of said electronics being part of the event. At the end, all pieces are put up for a 'vote' and the winner gets a nifty certificate saying they're awesome. That about cover it guys?

Yep, Erin pretty much nailed it. The only thing left out was the group disassembly of the donated electronics, which is a fun activity in and of itself (who doesn't like taking stuff apart?), so if you take part, be sure to join in that, too (plus the best bits tended to be taken by the one who removed them).