Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Anyone got a name for a kobold?

Kobold sorcerer with Draconic bloodline that is :devil:

He is the sorcerer for my game at ReaperCon, but I'm stuck on giving him a name since I'm taking names of the various minis (Dalton Kreig, Gorak the Ravager, etc etc) & there isn't a kobold name other then Snar Mangebelly.

thanks

RM

My favorite kobold in my campaign world is called... Mogadishu. He survived a party encounter about 15 years ago and has managed a recurring role ever since. They came close to killing him about 3 years ago, but he got away. I would have to go look, but I think he is 7th level now.

You have my permission to steal it.

I knew a kobold monk once... name of Wang Ho Whoppa Whoppa.

How about Faw Dur, or even Eezee Yexpee?

I don't know.. I'm finding it hard to come up with serious kobold names :P

Isn't the kobold deity in D&D 3.5 named Kurtlemak or something? Does that mean your kobold can be named Kurt? How about Makurt?

EeZee Yexpee

I like that one.

thanks.

I almost went with Meepoo as he seems to have a slight cult following.

I had a kobold rogue/sorcerer in 3.5 that I named Krik'ik'kik'Tkik... Krik insisted that his name meant "Heart of Dragons" in Draconic, but it actually translated into Common as closer to "Wyrm Guts", lol...

He was very sensitive about it, and about getting the proper respect for being an adventurer. Any time he felt somebody was disrespecting him, he'd fly into a shrieking foaming rage and would have to be restrained from fireballing them. ::D:

He would have become the apprentice to his tribe's sorcerer, but the chief's less-magically-powerful idiot son got chosen over him. Then an evil wizard came to the tribe and took Krik and a bunch of others as minions. Krik was enthralled by how the rest of the tribe grovelled before the wizard and wanted that kind of respect himself. So Krik became the wizard's "apprentice" (i.e., personal kicking-dog/whipping-boy and source of entertainment...), but then the wiz got ganked by a party of adventurers - which to Krik's mind meant they were more powerful and thus got more respect. So Krik became an adventurer, and began wearing human clothing (breeches cut off just past his knees so they fit his non-human legs, shoes with the toes cut out so they fit on his feet, a shirt, a vest, pocket watch that was useless because he couldn't tell time, a cloak and a "wizard's staff") and trying to act like a human. Being a neutral Evil kobold, he had no idea what acting like a human actually meant, but insisted on emulating the other party members even though he had no clue why they did the things they did. In a party full of Lawful Good characters, he became both a source of comedic relief and a very deep in-character deconstruction of morality and an examination of cultural differences. Even though he could have been just a stereotypical kobold (a sociopathic version of that little dog from the old cartoons that bounced around going, "Wanna play catch, Spike? Huh? Huh? You wanna?"), and he often said things like "We kill him now, Boss? We kill him good?", I played him completely straight - as someone with a major inferiority complex trying to get some respect in a world he barely understood - which made him even funnier... ::D: