Sign in to follow this  
Dinoman87

Some advice on the koborlas and kargir

Ok so i'm really trying to make a push to get back into warlord and I find myself wanting to do two more armies so I can not only play with the new factions but also so I can have armies for people to play test with. Now the two factions I want to get are both the koborlas and kargir. Now I'm the kinda guy who likes to stick with a theme and run with it so keep this in mind as I explane the details of what i'm as you guys explain to me how these two armies work.

First are the koborlas. The main theme of the list is just stick with the rage claw warriors and characters(except for crom). My main question for this faction, is it a good idea to just stick with these guys or is it a wiser decision to take the others?

Second for the kargir. All I want with them is black orcs. Not just becouse I like them more but becouse I have something bigger planned for all the orcs i'm collecting. I put up a list before for this faction and some people suggested adding and changing a few things around. I have a fealing i'm not getting how i'm suppose to play kargir(though to be honest I haven't seen to many lists from that sections so thats what i'm basing this on), so I guess i'm asking how are you suppose to play them?

Any help with this will greatly appreciated will be thanked profusly.

Do you really mean just the Rageclaw Warrior datacard when you say "rage claw warriors", or do you mean all rage claw soldier models?

~v

Dinoman,

There is nothing wrong with building a list to a theme. I do it all the time. But, you just have to remember that every model in a faction is created to fill some sort of roll within the faction. So, by making the decision to not include some, you are making the conscious decision to not include those rolls, which leads to being strong in whatever areas that you include and be weak in areas that you leave out. That is probably why people gave suggestions that added or changed your lists a bit... to try and help maximize as many of the different rolls as possible.

For example, I do remember adding some of the little gobbos to one of your Kargir lists to best take advantage of the Faction Doctrines and provide a better model count for the overall list (since the black orcs themselves are a little more costly).

But, in the end, there isnt a right or a wrong, just personal preferences and game matchups. IF you play a few games and you notice that your theme list is not matched up well with whoever you are playing against, then you might have to decide whether to stick with your theme or change the list to be a better match up.