Sign in to follow this  
BlueWeasel

ReaperCon 2011

Wren,

Sounds like next year we need to team up! Between the two of us, we could be like a locust plague and strip Denton of all vegetation! I drive to the con so if you ever need a ride let me know. I think I am going to try to hit the Best Western next year though... the Days Inn was nice for $31 per night but there was no socializing outside of the con (not that I had much time).

Lue.

I think I am going to try to hit the Best Western next year though... the Days Inn was nice for $31 per night but there was no socializing outside of the con (not that I had much time).

Lue.

BW is where its at! Plenty of time to socialize, Lets say Reaper kicks you out at 11pm, you've got a full 8 hours to socialize before you need to shower, eat breakfast and head back to Reaper. :devil:

BW is worth the cash for it. The staff is top notch. Years past I've stayed single at the BW as I wanted to get away from the wife & kids (hey it's a out of state vacation) but this year I went with the roomie option as I was trying to save cash & I really liked it. Again, thanks for answering the call/post, orcsoul! For as much as I used the room during my stay, not to mention I was also able to get a special price option BW.com had (5 day stay) which was a few bucks cheaper then the Reaper rate, also made for a great price. I recall it being around $168 for each of us. GREAT Price if you ask me!

Also the veggie tray was a leftover from the Weds dinner (I think, that dinner was bit blurry for me, pre-con get together with friends at BW :bday: ). Good use if you ask me!

I think Sunny at BW recognizes our names cause we seem to be close to each other anymore. Which is good, hate have cranky hotel guess next to the party rooms :lol:

RM

Jay - thanks for sharing how you built your weapons, that's very interesting!

Luethar - we should leave a few plants for the locals. But not too many! :->

I like the Best Western a lot, but I think I'm immune to its rejuvenating powers. :-< I usually pumpkin just after midnight.

Best Western is the place. Free breakfast. Sausage. Biscuits. Cereal. Juice. Coffee. And waffles shaped like Texas.

Truly the key to goin' full tilt boogie for days on end at the Con.

Well this was my first ReaperCon, and I had a blast. Getting the chance to meet the artists and staff was great. Putting a face with names was another joy. My two sons and i entered the paint contests,(Contest Virgins) all of us. So to everyone that was there, Thanks for the time of our lives.

Best costume:

John Bonnot's girlfriend. She had a dead on Sophie costume with excellent wings. Her face is a perfect match for the drawings of Sophie

Runner up(s):

Reaper Ron's Indiana Jones was excellent!

I didn't get her name but one of the lovely young ladies came as Lara Croft.

I asked her where her knife was as she was showing it off.

She had the best line. She just nonchalantly tosses off "Shark got it."

Who's was the foul demon that let the cookie lady in?

That was evil! Bet she made a ton of money.