Jump to content

Temple of Elemental Evil


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the party gathers up items of interest & surveys the damage to all the party members everyone suddenly feels like you have more stamina & will to face the great evils on the world.     L

D6 for initiative right? BAM! Natural 6!

Chara hands over most of the money and other  items she finds to Isha, but keeps a "finder's fee" for herself...one of the silver pieces. She makes a mental note that it belongs to Not-Sam, but does n

Posted Images

Nice!

 

Also I'll have a post up tomorrow, was in the midst of posting but got a call from work asking me to come in at midnight again (it's 9 here now, or was) sigh...........

Link to post
Share on other sites

(Actions by all are all at the same time due to the tie in rolls)

 

Kobort

 

The fighter will not surrender nor will he back down! The big man swings his longsword at Elmo again. He connects for 5 pts of damage!

Chara

 

You time your attack just right & swing while he has his shield down! Your sword connects with his exposed neck & through the muscles & bones! His head goes flying while his body slumps to the ground. He is defiantly dead! The downside, your covered in his blood now.

 

Cory

 

You cast the spell. Golden's wound begin to heal up. While he is not fully healed up, he pretty darn close now. As he comes back to life, his eyes open as you are talking to him, he starts to murmur something.........................

 

 

Golden

 

...... seeing your face & hearing your voice, Cory, he casts anther magic missle at you, the magical blast hits you for 3 pts of damage. The stubborn dwarf will not go quietly!!

 

 

Furnok the thief does as he is told & is no longer a threat in combat.

 

 

Combat continues, someone roll initiative.

 

Golden 1 :rock:

 

 

Chara make an attack roll for Bodyguard to see if he can grapple the dwarf down to tie up his arms, he fights back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC Not sure if that's a d6 or d20..so I'll roll both

 

Grapple: d6=5 / d20=17

 

Chara's satisfaction with her own handywork is fleeting and turns to disgust and dispair when a stream of warm blood squirts from her slain foe's neck-hole and splatters her face and upper body. She wipes the mess from her eyes and looks for either of her two hirelings. She spots Body Guard first. He is doing something to the dwarf. She makes her way in that direction to see what he is doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Deftly moving aside to avoid the now-bodiless head and it's subsequent trail of blood and gore, the dark stranger once again takes up a defensive stance and observes what the party decides to do with the diminutive spell-hurler.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it appears that Bodyguard and Cory are unable to handle Golden, then I will thump him on his head with the flat of my sword hard enough to knock him out, but not enough to do any more damage than that. But, that is ONLY if Bodyguard and Cory appear to need the assist.

Link to post
Share on other sites

(init roll d6=3)

 

"I have had about enough of that!", Cory picks up his mace which was laying by his side while he administered to Golden's wounds, swiftly smashing it upon the dwarfs head to knock him unconscious. "Get that rag in the dwarfs mouth he yells at Bodygaurd."

 

(roll to hit d20 = 9+4 = 11. I am assuming a +4 advantage since the dwarf is tied and laying prone before Cory roll for damage d6=3)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Providing the grappling and/or Cory's blow is enough to subdue Golden, Body Guard will do as Cory said and stuff a wad of cloth in the dwarf's gob. He quickly removes his own left boot and pulls off one very holey and smelly woolen sock. He appears to actually enjoy stuffing it in his former master's mouth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Isha moves back from the corpse when she sees the result of Chara's attack. She seems momentarily shocked by the beheading, but recovers quickly and makes the sign against evil. Looking around for more foes, she finds none, but spots the stranger in black lurking a short distance away. She looks him over carefully, meeting his eyes if they are not covered, and says bluntly "What is your purpose here?"

 

Whether he answers or not she will dismount and move to check the dead with her staff, making more arcane signs with her hands and mumbling prayers as she does.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing that Bodyguard and Cory have Golden under control, and Not-Sam is still guarding Furnok, and seeing Isha talking to this stranger that appeared while I was in the woods, I'll calmly put my short sword away, take my short bow off of my back, and casually notch an arrow. I didn't witness this black garbed stranger helping Isha and Chara, so I'm taking no chances. He makes a sudden motion towards one of my people and he gets an arrow flung his way.

 

Sorry, Styates. It's nothing personal. Once you talk up a good game, it'll be good. I promise. :poke:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chara approaches Body Guard, Cory and Golden, but sees that things are well in hand by now. She notices Body Guard's clever use of his sock. "Good plan. Been wanting to do that myself a damn long time." She makes a mental note to not be so hard on the poor homely brute henceforth and perhaps even buy him a beer or two later on.

 

She ackowledges Not-Sam and his prisoner with a wide grin and a celebratory raised-fist, and then cautiously moves back to where Isha and the new stranger are talking. She only listens in at first, knowing that Isha is not only far more diplomatic than she, but that Isha can handle herself. Nevertheless, it's always good to be ready to help if needed. Chara discreetly reaches for her other dagger and makes another mental note to look for the one she threw at the man with the topknot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticing that he is beginning to gather wary attention from other members of the party, the cloaked stranger maintains his defensive stance and edges slowly back towards the edges of the dense brush.

 

As he's backing away he directs a comment to the young lady who first addressed him,"I don't want a fight, unless you are in league with the agents of Nar. But from what I've observed previously and from what I just participated in now, I highly doubt that this is the case."

 

"If you don't mind," he continues,"since we appear to be finished here, I'll just take my leave and be on my way."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Isha answers "My allegiances lie with my godess and my temple. But you are correct that we are not in league with this Evil of Nul of which you speak." As the stranger turns to leave she says "We serve the town of Hommlet, and there is work to be done here," she motions in the direction of the gatehouse, "if you truly seek it."

Link to post
Share on other sites

"If my assistance is needed to eliminate this scourge, I will be happy to help," the stranger says. "However, if I do render your party aid, I would appreciate you at least listening to my tale and deciding whether or not scouring the returned evil from that damned temple is worth your time and effort."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...