Temple of Elemental Evil

haldir

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is truly nearing evening time, then Shad is willing to accompany Isha to "the surface". Shad wants to check on Horse, as well as Not-Sam and the rest of the horses. We have no idea if anything bad has happened up there. Plus, it is wise to have a rear guard besides Not-Sam!

"Cory's got a good plan", Chara states, not that she entirely understands it, but she knows she doesn't care to walk back across that bridge unnecessarily.

"The more walking there and back again we do, more chance we get jumped. I can stand lookout first...after I get something to eat."

Cory says

"I don't mind staying in the courtyard. At least we can keep a eye on the entrance if need be + I'm sure Not-Sam will be happy to know we are still alive."

We can haul some of this supplies out & up the stairs. Keep our food supplies full. Also I still have a healing spell if anyone needs it.

"Good plan", Chara says with a tired nod. "So...first watch for me then? I could eat a horse"

Chara starts toward the door leading back toward the ogre-room, pauses, and adds, "Not that I ever ate horse before...or least I don't think I ever did."

With the party in agreement (unless you disagree, speak up!!) the party moves back into the small room with the secret door. As the party starts to climb the stairs, both Tiron & Kyana notice a small vertical crack on the eastern side of the room, anther secret door! Your not sure why you didn't notice it before.

The party climbs back to the surface which is still the same as you left it. Your sure that the townsfolk avoid this place due to the memories of the Cult & overall the instability of the ruins itself. You make your way out to the courtyard which you are greeted to a fire that Not-Sam has made. He has also set up a small pot which is steaming over it.

'Chara!!" he says as he sees his boss. The skies are in twilight but there is still plenty of light left.

"Sam, I didn't know you could cook.", Chara says as she catches her first whiff of supper. She silently counts the horses and is glad they all appear to be present and intact. "Did we miss anything while we was gone?"

If there is any good daylight left, Chara will carefully poke around the immediate area for a good place to stand watch. If it has gone fairly dark, she won't stray as far and certainly won't do any climbing or go too near the water's edge. If there is such a thing as frogphobia, Chara might be coming down with it. She pauses frequently to listen for froggish noises.

Body Guard has had a pretty tough day and just wants a bowl of supper and a place to rest. He's too tired even to follow after Chara, and is downright scared of Isha after seeing her defend herself back in town at Thug-Club.

He discreetly asks Sam to wake him when supper is ready, then finds a spot not too far from the fire to have a short nap.

Isha follows Chara out to the edge of the keep to have a look around "As two pair of eyes are better than one," and if all seems well, she will offer Chara the warm cloak she found in the dungeon, "To keep off the damp vapors from the swamp."

"Good plan." Chara says with a toothy smile of gratitude. She gives the cloak a light shake lest there be any spiders still hiding within its folds before she pulls it round her shoulders. "I'll try not to stink it up, .... and thanks."

As everyone is bunking down for the night. Cory says "I still have that heal spell for today. Here Shad." With that cleric hold his holy symbol & recites a prayer to St Cuthbert & you gain 8 HPS.

"You took quite a few hits from those zombies. I wish I could have gotten rid of more of them in my first turning attempt."

The stew is quite good, apparently Not-Sam knows how to cook. He says he found some foodstuff in Golden's supplies.

Chara

As you don the cloak, you feel yourself blend into the stone, like you're not even there. Thou as you walk around, the cloak blend in where ever you go. You are completely invisible. The best spot to keep watch actually is the front gate. You feel the cloak & thin but warm, there appears to be a hidden design in the ends & near the clasp which appears to be elven in make.

As the keep is surround by water & unless you know of the stones near the thieves den, this would be the only way in. Thou there isn't much activity beyond normal swamp sounds. There is occasionally a "Ploop" or some odd sound but just normal natural activity. The campfire keeps the area sound & the smoke keeps the bugs away.

Whoever has 2nd watch is startled to see Chara as she re-appears from the cloak. After that thou, nothing happens & mid-evening to mid morning goes without any problems. Cory will take the 3rd & final watch. He does his morning prayers & regains his spells for the day.

Everyone wakes feeling a bit stiff, but nothing that you haven't experienced before. The constant humidity in the swamp subsides for a bit, but it'll return as the day awakes. You all gain 2 hps (1 hp per character level per night) back, if injured.

Elmo says to the party

"So what is your plan of attack today?"

Chara had slept fairly well that night, even though she had spent a fair amount of time lying awake contemplating all the fun she could get up to with a cloak such as the one Isha had let her use. She thought about how she almost wished Golden Hammer was still around just so she could mess with him a bit. She also briefly considered some tricks to play on Body Guard, but decided against it. He wasn't such a bad guy really, and would probably approve of Chara playing jokes on Golden had the crabby old gullydwarf not gone rogue on the party.

"Maybe we try and find how that ogre got in...or where them zombies keep coming from?", Chara says to Elmo, or rather asks him. The party had not hired her for her ability to form strategies, but Not-Sam did not need to know that right away. It was almost as if the potter's son actually respected her leadership....or maybe he was just really scared of half-orcs. She wasn't really sure which it was but didn't want to shatter his misconceptions either way just yet.