Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Temple of Elemental Evil

Recommended Posts

"good, then I shan't have to see to that aspect of things. I shall accompany you back then. It is the least I can do to go with a brother to where he shall take his final rest." As he spoke he returned his hammer to the metal ring upon his belt from which it hung.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having appreciated the brief respite, the half-elf prepares himself for the haul up the stairs and back to the horses and gently lifts his end of the body from the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chara wil follow the others, keeping toward the rear of the group so she might listen for anything approaching from behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After introductions all around and a short discussion the group decides to return to the surface with Cory's body.  It is awkward getting up the narrow stairs, but you manage.  At the top, inside the ruined keep all seems just as you left it.  Warm dank air and the smell of rotting vegetation fills your lungs.  The air is heavy and still, no breeze stirs, and even the ever-present drone of insects seems to have stopped for the moment. 

 

As you pick your way over the rubble inside the keep, making for the courtyard a sudden scream and the frightened whinny of a horse break the silence. 

 

map (you are gathered in area #6. Area #5 is the open courtyard)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With sword in one hand and broom in the other, Chara moves with a quick but deliberate stride toward the noise. She recalls that the floor around her had once seemed suspiciously perilous, so she is careful to choose more-or-less the same route she and the others used when moving through that area before. She never stops to wonder why she's still carrying that broom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering what has happened now, Tiron joins the burly female warrior. He silently draws his own weapon and pads along behind her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You make your way across the great hall, through the dust, cobwebs, leaves and rubble.  The once grand doors lay open and smashed, evidence of the siege that destroyed this place years ago. 

 

In the bright courtyard sunlight you see a small group of figures.  Two rough looking men have arrived on horseback. One of them holds Not-Sam from behind and has forced him to his knees. The other is brandishing a sword and saying something to Not-Sam. You can't see his face to make out the words, but he does not seem happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"And what in the name of St. Cuthbert is going on?"  He said pulling his warhammer from it's metal ring in a practiced motion. Eyes narrowed "unhand the man and disarm yourself, lest you face justice"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a whim of chivalry coupled with a strange feeling of personal responsibility for the human lad, Chara attempts to bluff.

"Thehell you strong-arming him for? He just our watch. He don't know nothing."

She hopes to at least find out sooner than later which side of the law Not-Sam's assailants are on.

(OOC)
Inarah it's been so long since Chara has needed a bluff check I can't even recall how we were doing it..so I'm rolling a d20


Bluff check - 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing the priest's bold voice the swordsman turns and you can see surprise on his face, but it is nothing compared to the look he gets when he sees the half-orc. 

 

"Who the hell are you?" he demands, taking a step forward. He glances at the priest and then seems to figure something out. Turning slightly he makes a gesture to his lieutenant. "What're you supposed to be? The local hero?"

 

The lieutenant lets go of Not-Sam's arms and kicks him in the back, forcing him to go sprawling to the ground. Then he puts two fingers to his mouth and lets out a long shrill whistle.

 

Chara definitely feels these men do not belong to any law abiding organization. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tiron draws his sword and steps out from behind Chara. "As the lady indicated," he replies grimly nodding towards Chara, "we're friends of the lad. Unhand him and you can go about your business. Make trouble and you'll face our wrath!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chara hears the whistle, drops the broom she was still toting, and almost instinctively scans the areas most likely to be used as cover by archers. If she sees anything suspicious, she will point it out to Tiron.  If not, then she will warn him of her suspicion.

"More hiding..maybe archers.", she warns Tiron and then breaks into a run at the man, her sword ready, hoping to close in on him before any archer allies of his can take proper aim.

Edited by Spike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Wrath?From an elf?"  The swordsman breaks into guffaws of laughter. 

 

His lieutenant kicks Not-Sam hard in the ribs and then draws his own sword. 

 

 

As Chara charges across the small courtyard she sees two more armed men coming through the main gates, at location #3. Map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having warned the man, Tiron sheaths his sword and quickly flips the catches on his breastplate. It drops free from his upper torso and allows free movement for spell casting. He begins to mumble in an arcane tongue and gestures at the swordsman, a fiery glow surrounding his fingertips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...