• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good to hear. There's actually going to be a Pentimus figure? Oh, man, I very much look forward to seeing THAT. Particularly if it comes with chodlings...

Hmm, no problems with the green as far as I'm aware of. I'd expect/hope to see her go live on Monday September 12. Hang in there!   RR

This is how I'm doing mine when he shows up. River otter style, sea otter are a bit lighter color.

I just started painting mine today. He will be my husband's mini, and has been renamed Boo Yah Radley. I'm pretty much using a river otter as my inspiration as well, although I thought about stoats for a while. Dark brown dorsal fur, creamy ventral fur, black eyes, nose, and very dark brown ears and paws. Painting to tabletop standard, since he'll get actual table play.

I just started painting mine today. He will be my husband's mini, and has been renamed Boo Yah Radley. I'm pretty much using a river otter as my inspiration as well, although I thought about stoats for a while. Dark brown dorsal fur, creamy ventral fur, black eyes, nose, and very dark brown ears and paws. Painting to tabletop standard, since he'll get actual table play.

Please post finished pix! I still need to file & prime the one for my wife (also a river otter fan) and I'd love to see what others do with the sculpt!

Probably will attempt a sea otter type myself. Thou I may go with the River Otter as well

RiverOtter3.jpg

Going for what is most common on the Oregon Coast, as I recall the ones they have at Portland's zoo were probably the best exhibit there ::):

IMG_1903.jpg

A start. The paint on the smooth parts of his face ended up getting layered WAY too thick, but I'm not terribly fussed about what will be a gameplay mini. Minimal prep work done; I mainly just removed flashing. My plan at this point is just to get him painted, and then later I can always strip him and re-prep him for actual display.

• Reaper User

Reaper's take is based on Asian otters and is painted by Martin Jones, one of our New Guys. ::): The thing is, we thought Shoatima was a girl, so Martin painted her with pink toenails and necklace. Why should the guys get all the Caeke?!?

--Anne :;):

Reaper's take is based on Asian otters and is painted by Martin Jones, one of our New Guys. ::): The thing is, we thought Shoatima was a girl, so Martin painted her with pink toenails and necklace. Why should the guys get all the Caeke?!?

--Anne :;):

I'm pretty sure I've seen Shoatima and Frumitty both referred to as girls from... well, you guys. :P