Qusoor

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there is more too it, but the few things I know are:

P-65 is heavier ... because of the lead content

I believe the regular pewter is softer (don't quote me on this)

P-65 is inedible. Don't give it to your 2 year old to munch on :poke:. It has all the warnings that come with things with tiny amounts of lead, and thus should not be given to little kids to dork with.

I'm sure others will fill in the gaps.

I'm sure there is more too it, but the few things I know are:

P-65 is heavier ... because of the lead content

I believe the regular pewter is softer (don't quote me on this)

P-65 is inedible. Don't give it to your 2 year old to munch on :poke:. It has all the warnings that come with things with tiny amounts of lead, and thus should not be given to little kids to dork with.

I'm sure others will fill in the gaps.

Actaully, the P-65 figure is softer, and bends more easily, cuts, files, and drills more easily.

As always, take precautions when filing and cutting, inlcuding washing your hands, and not ingesting or inhaling particulate matter.

Since the regular pewter also has small amounts of lead, I wouldn't call that edible, either. Even if there weren't lead in it, I'd say there are much better ways of getting your essential minerals. And I don't mean eating paint, either.

How big is he lengthwise? I see there's a larger circular metal base to him, but was just curious ::):

Just going from memory, but I think the original goroloth was probably about four and a half inches long from head to tail, not counting the tentacles - it comes in the usual larger-size blister pack and it's packed in there pretty tight... If I remember right the body is in three sections: head, torso and tail, with the last two (and the tentacles, which are also separate) being about as long as the blister pack.

Of course, I haven't actually looked at it in about a year...