Sign in to follow this  
EasternFrontMick

New Demoness & Angel Greens

Sweet Mick. Need someone to paint her? I still need to get with you about that mermaid of yours as well.

Sweet Mick. Need someone to paint her? I still need to get with you about that mermaid of yours as well.

Thanks Pae I know you could knock these 2 out of the ball park painting wise.I would indeed like another Mermaid some time soon :) much thanks :)

Well, honestly she looks like some kind of fetish doll what with the stuff wrapped around her legs and the panties showing. Nothing against sexy female figures, I've painted my share, just this one seems a little creepy to me. Sorry, just does NOT appeal.

Well, honestly she looks like some kind of fetish doll what with the stuff wrapped around her legs and the panties showing. Nothing against sexy female figures, I've painted my share, just this one seems a little creepy to me. Sorry, just does NOT appeal.

Hi Inarah thats fair enuff not all minis appeal to me either painting wise.You do have to admire the sculpting talent of the guy that did this and the other mini being only the 8th & 9th attempt he has attempted and first wings.

There's a sculptor who is coming along nicely. I agree with Inarah about the subject matter. If I want BDSM, I'll buy monolith designs. I don't see buying this one, for content or quality.

I bet if this sculptor does some other designs I'll buy them in the future.

Mini looks good. I am not sure about the face as that is pretty much the most important part of a mini, even with how she is dressed. I would love to see this one all painted up, as I believe she is a win.

Some other thoughts would be the wings. Being a more sexually oriented miniature, I would assume some of the things that are going to be given more time by some of the painters are going to be the breasts and rear. Her rear is sculpted nicely and as such would want to stick out. With the position of the wings, they detract from that area and cover it up. I dont know If decreasing the size of the wings around that area, or rotating her wings more over her head is the answer .. but something along that lines is what I'm thinking.

Also I am a tad confused by the story this is telling. Maybe I'm reading into it too much. With the garment she is wearing .. I picture some type of sex slave .. or slavery of some type .. to include the shackles she still has attached.

Her pose gives a feeling as if she is finally free .. trying to fly away. If that is the case, then I would recommend the chain on the shackle be shortened to account for it being broken (for freedom), or perhaps moving in another direction maybe whipping about so you know its been broken. In its current form , it looks like the chain is supposed to continue on, and that it was only cut off at that point because its actually outside the bounds of the mini. The rocks terminate in the same area giving that feeling.

IF she is NOT free .. and still bound to her slavery, my question would be how in the hell did she get her hands on such a deadly weapon?

The shackles or the weapon (depending on the story) throw me off and I'd personally mod to fix one or the other.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for sharing it, amazing piece for so little experience with sculpting.

It's a good job she can fly, because the first time she tried to run she'd fall flat on her face...

Ishil

Mini looks good. I am not sure about the face as that is pretty much the most important part of a mini, even with how she is dressed. I would love to see this one all painted up, as I believe she is a win.

A: thanks Bumble Bee I like posting the greens to be critiqued before they go to print so as there might be something we need to change..I will try and answer your questions best as I can as this has been the best input I have seen on any forum so far..yes the subject matter is a bit different from anything I have ever seen also as far as demons/succubi and much appreciate the kind words.

Some other thoughts would be the wings. Being a more sexually oriented miniature, I would assume some of the things that are going to be given more time by some of the painters are going to be the breasts and rear. Her rear is sculpted nicely and as such would want to stick out. With the position of the wings, they detract from that area and cover it up. I dont know If decreasing the size of the wings around that area, or rotating her wings more over her head is the answer .. but something along that lines is what I'm thinking.

A:The wings are as we discovered need another bone to support her wings((the part direct off her back))..thats a need to be sorted out point I will point out((Im anal on doing things now and not wishing I did them later))..the wings we had thought to do separate actually so you could use them or not and adjust them however you liked..this is on the table also as you can see in the pics they are no counter sunk back holes.

Also I am a tad confused by the story this is telling. Maybe I'm reading into it too much. With the garment she is wearing .. I picture some type of sex slave .. or slavery of some type .. to include the shackles she still has attached.

Her pose gives a feeling as if she is finally free .. trying to fly away. If that is the case, then I would recommend the chain on the shackle be shortened to account for it being broken (for freedom), or perhaps moving in another direction maybe whipping about so you know its been broken. In its current form , it looks like the chain is supposed to continue on, and that it was only cut off at that point because its actually outside the bounds of the mini. The rocks terminate in the same area giving that feeling.

IF she is NOT free .. and still bound to her slavery, my question would be how in the hell did she get her hands on such a deadly weapon?

The shackles or the weapon (depending on the story) throw me off and I'd personally mod to fix one or the other.

Just my 2 cents.

A: very fair points on the shackles and garments..the garment/chrysalis of ripping material I am thinking was inspired by a picture we saw of a demoness type that looked to be coming out of her silk cocoon so that's the thinking the sculptor added here..leaves alot to be considered when painting as see thru or such I think((from a painters stand point))..the shackles I think was story wise like you said breaking free and escaping the clutches of her sister..the angel..((sort of a evil is always there bound but can be broken free theme I guess ))..we havent thought out any true background for them yet aside maybe from a possible mythos point of view someone did..the shackle((miniature wise)) does help support the cast I think was also what the sculptor was going for..agreed it could be shortened some or could still be tethered out of pic..removing a goodly length would be very simple if a painter wanted to alter it..the rocks again are more for support like she is just launching up to fly or confront her sister captor.

Thanks for sharing it, amazing piece for so little experience with sculpting.

thank you for the points it surely helps in the process :)

Mick

Very interesting sculpt, and the idea of using the wings or not is great. However, I agree about the wrap on her legs. It really detracts, mostly because it's only around her thighs and knees. It's not a skirt or dress, and it just looks out of place. If I were to locate and purchase this figure, I'd remove it before painting her.

Great detailing on the rest of her tho.

~M