Sign in to follow this  
TaylorCHubler

Kobolds!

I don't know about anyone else here, but I like kobolds and enjoy placing them as NPCs in my games. Not just as wilderness tribes in caves, but in city encounters as well. In fact, I was very pleased with Open Design's "Streets of Zobeck," setting and the fact that there is not only notable kobold NPCs but also a whole Kobold district in the the city of Zobeck.

I also know people who are either playing Kobold PCs or have played them. It was no surprise then that, at the PaizoCon Preview Banquet, when they announced that the upcoming "Advanced Races Guide," would have a section about Kobolds, people cheered louder then for any other race.

They are in plenty of Pathfinder modules and APs. Kingmaker, for example, has a couple tribes and the notable Kobold NPCs can even be given positions in the kingdom the PCs establish.

Can we have some kobold love? Can we have some miniatures for kobolds beyond the small band that is currently available?

& from the big ziplock bag I have that is packed full of every metal version, Reaper makes I appreciate those kobolds!!

Except for last year & this year I've grab a handful of each type every year I've been going (back to '05). I've used my Boneyard metal for those.

& yes my goal is to paint every one of them, sometime down the road. :blink: :blink:

I am aware of them. I had forgotten there were so many of them. In fact I bought the shaman with the staff and fire and altered it so he was holding a lute and a potion. My friend was playing a kobold bard and needed a miniature, that was the best I could come up with for him.

But to be honest, there is only one other company that I can find that makes a set of serious and good quality kobolds, and I like Reaper's kobolds better.

I would like to see more kobolds, and have them in more styles so that there are viable miniatures for kobold PCs.

Another note, are those the AD&D dog kobolds? Most settings have kobolds looking more draconic. Check out the picture of Chief Sootscale in Paizo's Kingmaker AP. Also a good reference is Open Designs mascot.

I am not saying I don't like those kobolds, I am just asking for more of them.