Sign in to follow this  
Darkstar

Empire Bright Wizard

Bright-Wizard-Empire-Quest.jpg

This Bright Wizard is part of the set of old Warhammer Quest / Talisman minis I've been working on slowly this year. GW plastic from the "Wizards" box set from the late 90's.

Didn't want to go "full orange" Bright Wizard so I took a nice deep red as my primary choice for the clothing and worked around that color coming up with the rest of the color palette. Greens for complement on his staff, gems, base and nuances, shiny yellow and old green golds to work with those colors, brown hair to set him apart from the red headed Bright Wizard crowd.

The freehand on the parchment scroll scarf thingy doesn't say anything, just random arcane looking letters there. I don't think you can see it in these photos but I gave him two different colored eyes.

• Like 2

This is AWESOME!! I love Warhammer Quest... Fantastic painting on this fellow, the fabric of his robe and the subtle color shifts on his weaponry are amazing!

Warhammer Quest was great. Makes me wish I'd taken more advantage of the expansions when they were available. Nice freehand, by the way.