Warlord in OKC

So, I just found out that I'm being shipped up to OKC for a week at the end of August to help do some transition work for the contract we are losing (nothing so fun like having to help the people taking your work away from you). Anyway, I will probably have some evening time free, and I'm considering packing a case with some figs to bring along for a little Warlord action if anyone is available during that week. Looks like I'll be there for the evenings of August 22-26, if anyone from that area is interested in getting together for a game or two.

~v

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So they have tweaked the plans, but in a good way. There were to be two of us going up, meaning I'd be sharing a rental car with someone else. Now they are sending us on seperate weeks, so I have the car to myself. Transportation just got a whole lot easier. I'm cool with meeting at one of the local shops. It doesn't matter much to me what we play; my list will be more determined by what is convenient to squeeze into my luggage for the trip than bringing any special builds. I'm pretty sure I can bring a 1K list fairly easily. I could probably even go a little bigger with careful planning.

~v

Ok, I am creating your parameters:

2 games...

1st : 1000 points. Must include the most expensive solo in the faction (does not include Warlords that can be taken as solos). Limit of only one caster in the list.

2nd : 1500 points (I know the OK guys like to play bigger games). Must include the faction's most expensive soldier somewhere in the list. And only one troop is allowed to contain less than the maximum number of soldiers in it.

Those restrictions may be impractical for me Jason. I'm traveling light for the trip, and won't be able to just bring anything I want when it comes to models. As I said before, what I can pack to play will be restricted by what I can fit in the case I end up bringing. Big, spendy models like expensive solos aren't going to fit, and adding the further restriction of using an expensive soldier (which probably means a cavalry-esque model in most cases) aren't going to be easy to transport either.

~v

Dude, Warwick and I only own a metric crap-ton of models between the two of us. I can bring all of my models with me easily, so proxying is NOT a problem. We proxy all of the time. That's how we play with new factions and army ideas. So, supplementing what you bring won't be an issue.

However, with that being said, the big catch is the fact that it is a work week for me. PLUS the 26th is my birthday. So, I can guarantee I won't be going anywhere on that day! :bday: If you are able to stay through Saturday, and go home on Sunday, that would be sweetness for me! I'll have to wait until it get closer to see if there is anything else I can do.

Wild Bill

Sadly, my time there will only be Sunday evening through Saturday morning (with my gaming availability being one of the evenings M-F). I don't know yet exactly what schedule they will have me working while I'm there (I'm guessing 8-5 though), but I could probably easily make the drive up to Tulsa one evening, if that works.

I spent a little time today working on some lists, and have a 1K and a 1.5K (that builds off the 1K) that I can pack in a single, hard-side case. I *might* even be able to squeeze another 500 points in the case, if I am careful about model-choice, though based on playing on a week-night evening, I don't expect to have time for much more than a game or two, so bringing a bigger list probably isn't worth it.

~v