Sign in to follow this  
Vannahs Creations

03132: Loftis, Male Angel

I goofed and put the wrong set of wings on him...but he still looks good, IMHO. I love doing the cloud basing, but basing at 3am is seeming a bad idea now.

Comments and critiques are always welcome!

062311maleangel.jpg

• Like 1

I like the base, I'm just wondering what it will look like a few years from now, after it gets handled or after dust or whatever gets on it. The shadows on the muscle definition seems a bit abrupt, some blending with thin glazes might fix it a bit, it's the chest and abs that need it most I think. Maybe they are just too dark? I like the wings too, but they could've used some color so they don't seem so bland. Usually wings are darker along the bone part and get lighter as they fan out to the tips. Or you could do the opposite and bring the color out on the tips.

Sadly, I didn't freehand the hem...but I followed the molding quite well ;) LOL

As for the basing, the fluff doesn't change color at all over time. My sister has one I based in the same way five years ago, and the color hasn't changed at all.

I think the picture ended up a bit darker than I thought...The wings were done with the bone triad, then given an overall drybrush of linen white.

I'll try your suggestion on the next male chest I do and see how it turns out....

Thanks!

I like the REALLY BIG WINGS, its a bit more realistic for size and physics, but then again who cares about physics with fantasy ;). I think a little blue, or even yellow in the wings would enhance them a bit, but otherwise just love this!!