Air Elemental

MonkeySloth

A few weeks ago I picked up a bunch of miniatures off of ebay and most were good deals like this old pre-plastic wizards of the coast Air Elemental (those of you familiar with the Conquest of Norath board game may recognize this miniature).

post-6838-13135573946426_thumb.jpg

post-6838-13135574138256_thumb.jpg

I wanted it to look different which is why I went with layering various colors together, which gives it a stormy look.

I did mess up on the leaves though, just the other day I noticed that they tend to be lighter on one side and the veins are lighter as well.

• Like 2

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that looks really fantastic! Great work on a real tornado look. The swirling leaves are a fantastic touch!

The only thing that would add more atmosphere is perhaps a line of churned-up turf that indicates the tornado's track along the ground. That's kind of hard to do well on such a small base, though, and that's just an idea, and in no way a criticism of what you've got there.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks everyone. It only looks this good because of some great recommendations over in the WIP thread.

Ya the base is small, 40mm, but the original was 25mm and I don't even know how they expected this top heavy of piece to stand with just that. I was thinking of adding a dust cloud but didn't think it would look good, but didn't think of churned earth, that wouldn't have been hard but might not have been noticeablele.