haldir

Brinewall Legacy

Anthril enters the inn, nodding to several of the staff as he enters. Propping his glaive and shield against the table that Sheriff Belor sits down at he approaches the bar, and after ordering food he returns with drinks for himself and the Sheriff.

Anthril is known locally as a young man who, after his parents died very young, worked odd jobs around town for various people. People can't seen to quite remember what it was that killed his parents. Maybe it was a pestilence, or perhaps a goblin raiding party, or possibly a particularly vicious ocean denizen that caught them out on the water. Whatever the case, he was a fixture on the boats, fields, and businesses around town. He worked at anything that would pay, one day coiling rope and folding nets, the next helping a farmer move a load of produce. No one knows where the animosity arose from, but Lonjiku Kaijitsu seemed to harbor a particularly fierce hatred of the young man, and his influence in the community closed many doors for Anthril. Several years go, no one seems to remember exactly what year, just awhile ago, he disappeared. Anthril recently returned to the town, bearing the trappings of one sworn to Shelyn, and since has been seen several times quietly conversing with Father Abstalar, or quietly playing a lute for small groups of local children or workers. He is a medium height Human. His most distinguishing feature is his long purely white hair, clearly seen since his coif is pushed back(family trait that breeds true to the Silverbane bloodline). He enters the Inn dressed in a chain. He carries a glaive, warhammer, and a wooden shield with a songbird device strapped across his back. He has a grey surcoat and blue cloak.

(ooc: sorry about the giant wall of text :))

Nope. I was editing the post & just forgot to erase that bit. I went ahead & took it out.

Also, this is Rusty Dragon Inn btw

After a bit the barmaid brings out a fried sea bass for the sheriff & he digs in. She also brings Anthril's food as well. The sheriff whole heartly digs in. While looking around to see if anyone approaches. He turns to Anthril & says

"I hope someone answers those flyers. Seems like the town is dry for adventurers anymore. The group that went in a few days ago was the most experienced group we had, not like years past, when the town, heck the whole area was full of adventurers."

He takes a bite & chews up the fish.

"Amekio is the best cook in Sandpoint, bar none!"

The sheriff isn't boasting. Amekio's skills in cooking are equal if not surpasses her talents in music.

Anthril

When you return to Sandpoint, you were horror-stricken to find out what happen to Lonjiku. In the days of the "Burnt Offerings" quests. He was taken by his son, a half-elf (a result of an elicit affair that Lonjiku had with a passing elfin trader) named Tsuto. He was taken to the his business, the Glassworks & was encase alive in burning glass. After a band of adventurers assaulted the Glassworks & fought off Tsuto's goblins they eventually faced Tsuto himself & took him down.

Lonjiku body was burned in the Glassworks & his ashes were scattered at sea. Amekio was not present for the ceremony. She has never forgive him for what he did to his wife & her mother. She herself had an affair & Lonjiku pushed her off the cliff, where the family estate resides. While she is the highest ranking & of course last living Kiajitsu noble left in Sandpoint she does not live in the manor house & mostly goes unused. She stays here at the inn, like she ever since she bought the place many years ago.

Anthril says to Sheriff Hemlock, "Troubled times everywhere these days. On my journey from Oppara I heard that the Whispering Way is on the rise again, and that some of those madmen are foretelling that The Tyrant will be freed soon." Looking around the Inn at Eisen, Yoshi, Lexx, and Ayras he smiles briefly and continues, "Anyway, I don't think you have to worry about the flyers. I have already offered my services, and troubled times have a way of bringing out the best in the people of Sandpoint," glancing at the kitchen, he turns to stare briefly into space, "...most of them anyway." Taking a long pull from his drink, Anthril absently fingers a small, very battered, platinum and gold pin shaped like a long tailed bird that is attached to his cloak.

(OOC: All right Loim! A fine introduction!)

Yoshi takes the sheriffs' entrance as a opportune moment to excuse himself from Eisen's company and approach the recent arrivals, tea in hand.

After a polite bow to the pair, he says "Good afternoon, Sheriff Hemlock. And to you as well, Anthril? Wasn't it?" He takes a sip of his tea and continues, "I was told by some of the Town Guard that you had some important news pertaining to the recent Goblin situation. May I sit?"

(Diplomacy: 20+5 (Great, it'll be 8s and 9s when we actually get to an encounter. <_<)

Ayras motions to his fox who scurries across the tavern floor in reply, jumping and clawing at a wall and pulling down one of the fliers to return to his master. The half elfs hair covers his face as he reads before he blluntly states. "Goblins with fireworks... really? Hardly seems like anything worth all this concern."

Lexx joins the group near the Sheriff. "Indeed good Sheriff, I am here in answer to your missive. Tell us what do you expect a groupd of adventurers to accomplish and also what could a group of adventurers expect in return for their sweat and blood."

"Ah, while fireworks are dangerous by themselves, put them in the hand of creatures bent on destruction just to watch something burn for their amusement, then you have a problem." the sheriff says to you, Ayras.

The sheriff puts down his fork & wipes his hands before standing up to greet the people gathered at his table.

"I see by your gear & such, that you might be the people I'm looking for. I know a few of you or at least have seen you around town. I know you Yoshi, not many eastern ethnics in town." He extends his hand out to everyone.

"Also this is Anthril Silverbane, paladin in service of Shelyn." He introduces the man that came in with him. "He is like yourselves & has answered the call of duty."

After greeting everyone, he offers a seat to everyone at the table. If anyone doesn't have a drink, he offers to buy something for that person.

"The goblins have never really been a major problem for the town of Sandpoint. They have been more or less, pests or 'roaches that feed off our trash & are causes for scaring children into walking the straight path. Heck, the most recent problem we had with them was years ago during the Swallowtail Festival when they invaded the town. That was helped by outside influences that ultimately were handled by a group of adventurers like yourselves."

"I don't want Sandpoint having a reputation of being a place that is run by humanoids like goblins or orcs & such. It bad enough when I ask Magnimar for help in something I get what ever they have left over. That is where a group of adventurers coming in."

Ayras gladly takes the offer of a drink, and intentionally spills a little on the floor for Mange to lick up.

After taking a long savoring drink, he pushes his hair out of his face and replies to the sheriff. "I'll offer whatever services may be useful to help out, though this all still seems a little juvenile to me, getting some fresh air and a fireworks show should be pleasant."

Yoshi looks at Aryas for a moment, his expression hardening.

"You should respect the threat we face. I'm assuming you didn't live here when the Goblins raided the last time. I, on the other hand, remember the fires. I also remember children being murdered in the street, because the little bastards thought the noises they made were amusing."

His attention returns to the Sherriff, "Whatever needs doing, I volunteer. I'd like to see this ended."

Ayras grins and winks enjoying the small rise that he had provoked from Yoshi.

"Now now Yoshi... No need for hard feelings over little green things with noisemakers, we're on the same team here, just a small difference in our risk assessment. I am on board as well to make sure this ordeal gets resolved."

Diplomacy 13 + 6 = 19

Anthril holds out a morsel of fish to the small fox. (diplomacy 5+7)

While waiting to see if the small creature accepts the offering he addresses the rest of the group, "Shelyn holds that all creatures, even the vile, experience love, and are therefore capable of beauty. I sometimes have my doubts about creatures as low, mean-spirited, and cruel as goblins. I think the more worrisome aspect of this particular situation, and I have no doubt it has crossed all your minds, is whether this sudden development heralds involvement by outside agents. It's happened at least once before, when the goblins were used as pawns, and the consequences were potentially very dire."