haldir

Brinewall Legacy

Lexx will continue to fight the fire. The only water I have is a single water skin with at most a half gallon. Lexx will use this up right now. The water skin has an opening that allows for a certain amount of control so Lexx will aim for the base of the flame in one area, planning on slowing the spread of the flames toward potential escape. Lexx is unwilling to turn his back on the fire while his companions could get trapped. He will also evaluate the sturdiness of the exterior walls. OOC: It seems the building is flimsy so is there potential for cutting thru a wall to the outside if the fire cuts off the way we came in? (My roll for the water if needed = d20 roll of 5, plus dex bonus of 3 would be an 8 and my roll for the perception check on the structure = d20 roll of 19 with +4 wisdom, +1 rank and +2 class/race bonus for a total of 26)

Lexx

The walls are in pretty poor condition. If not for the moisture on the outside the flames would probably have spreaded out more. You probably could bash them down if you needed to or if you had a axe hack your way through in a few chops. The water from your waterkin is pretty effective thou. You prevent the flames from spreading next round.

The creature sucks up some life off of Yoshi

-1 Con damage

Yoshi & Anthril

(gonna give LazarusKing till tomorrow to respond, if he doesn't I'll use one of his rolls that he sent me. Also Anthril grabs the samurai from behind & tries to pull him away from the creature...+2 to CMD roll)

Ayras

You run up the stairs. You come to a small room, more of a hallway with 3 doors. Mange is pawing at the furthest one north. The door isn't locked & opens with a creak. Inside is a dark room, thou with your low-light vision you can see that it's empty but very well lived-in bedroom. The sheets & blankets on the bed are ruffled up, like someone got out of bed but has yet to make it.

You make a scan of the room but there is no one inside!

Aryas

As you pull up the sheets so Mange can smell, a loud click comes from the top NW corner of the room, a familiar halfling slides out a secret door, Walthus Proudstump, or is it.....

The halfling is beat up as you can see there are bruises & cuts all over him. His left eye is swollen shut. He sees you & says

"Please, don't hurt me!" as he holds his hands out

Back to the combat

Yoshi

"Enough of this!" Yoshi shouts as he pulls free of the creature's grasp.

Eisen

Your actions......

((OOC: Eisen will switch his judgement to Smiting, making his weapons Magic for overcoming DR))

Eisen will shoot the creature once more with his masterwork repeating crossbow!

(19 (possible crit) +5 = 24 to hit (crit confirm 15+5=20 to hit), 7+1= 8 damage if hit, 16 damage if critted)

Eisen

You focus your crossbow on the creature & let the bolt fly! It's hits!!

The creature falls backward into the pantry from the force of the impact. Eventually it falls to the floor, dead!!

COMBAT OVER!!!

(Yes it had DR of 5 vs piercing & slashing weapons. OUCH!)

((OOC: dang, i was wondering if it was DR or fast healing. i was hoping switching to Magic would help overcome DR but i guess it just took a crit! i was beginning to wonder if that guy was supposed to escape to become a recurring villain, he was taking so long to kill :D ))

Anthril is going to check on all the party, looking for Ayras and Mange, and help anyone who looks like they may need it.

With the creature dead, the party can easily put out the fire. It has singed the walls pretty good & if there wasn't active fighting of it, it would have probably burnt the shack down.

Anthril, after you check around, you find Ayras & Mange upstairs, along with the halfling that was before the creature reverted to it's true form.

Come on Ayras, lets see what we can do for this fellow. He looks like he's had a rough time of it. If it wasn't for you and Mange we might not have ever found him.

Anthril will perform basic first aid to see if he can determine the extent of the halfling's injuries. He will also focus his detect evil on the halfling.

(Heal Check 18)

You see he is pretty beat up like he got into a fight. He has some ugly bruises & some cuts but he isn't in any fear of dying. He is more exausted then anything.

"Is he gone? Dead?" he mutters as you examine him.

The halfling doesn't detect as evil.

Being in a suspicious frame of mind Lexx will watch the corpse, first he will bandage any open cuts and then drawing his scimitar, he will be preparing to hack it to pieces. He will also examine the beast without touching it to see if there is anything interesting (like closing wounds) and detachable (jewelry or clothing not body parts).

While the creature is disgusting in it's natural form, you don't see any cuts or other wounds closing up. "It's dead, Jim" kinda dead. You also see the areas that he favored when he first met you, his ankle does have a nasty 2 hole bite mark & well as his arm.

While the creature morphed into what you see it was still wearing the following

just leather armor. While in good shape it has seen it's fair share of battles.