haldir

Brinewall Legacy

Kneeling by the halfing, Antrhril asks, "Are you referring to the creature that was posing as you? He is quite dead thanks to my companions' quick thinking and skill. Tell us what happened."

"Yes, that is him, it, whatever it was." the halfling says as he sits on the bed.

It was couple or three days ago, I'm not sure what day it is right now......... anyways, I was in my garden tending my flowers & vegetables when I was attacked by this creature! It had no face, no features like you ore I. Just a mass of lumpy flesh. If not for my snake companion named Slither, oh dear..............."

With that the halfling slumps his head down & puts his hands in his face & sobs. After a bit he recovers but you can see he has a heavy heart as he speaks.

"Oh my poor Slither. If not for her I wouldn't even be here right now to tell you these events. The creature attacked me from behind & was going to deliver the deathblow upon me when she bit the thing thing in the ankle. The creature's attack struck her instead, killing her instantly."

He stops again & gathers himself a bit more.

"With that I was able to draw my dagger that I keep at my side & I stabbed the thing in the leg. We fought into the house. As we fought into parlor I grab a potted plant & smashed the thing in the head. I was scared & I ran up the stairs. What I did was I opened the window, hoping that it would throw the creature off & then hid in the small secret room. I then must have passed out while waiting for my chance to escape & I've been to scared to try & escape."

Once the all clear is given, Yoshi will attempt to drag the creature out of the house. He's not going to say anything.

(Strength: 12 + 3 = 15)

He will assist in disposing of the remains in whatever manner that is deemed appropriate. When the work is done, he will see to his injuries.

Yoshi

The creature is about the same weight as person of the same height & weight. You are able to drag it outside. Your Con score returns after resting for a bit. Thou you do have a sick after effect feeling in your stomach.

The halfling wants to see the dead creature for himself. He gingerly moves off the bed & down the stairs.

"Oh my..." is all he can say.

He sees the damage in the kitchen.

"Nothing that I can't fix later."

Upon seeing the severed remains of his snake companion, Slither, he drops to his knees & cries out loud.

"Nooooooo!! Nooo!! Nooo" is all he says.

Yoshi will kneel beside the Halfling, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"He died protecting his master. For some of us there is no higher honor. The Lady of Graves will see him rewarded at the end of his journey. When you are ready, we have duties to perform."

(Diplomacy : 12 + 5 = 17)

Ayras is going to let the halfling morn, and the rest of the group see to getting the information we need. Seeing the loss of the Halfling's animal friend, Ayras takes Mange outside to do some hunting.

The halfling mourns but knows that he has guests & must see to their needs.

"I apologize, Slither was very close to me, it was like she was an extention of me. There were times that we would go hunting in the swamp & she knew exactly what to do." He sees Lexx & Yoshi are hurt & offers to help if he can. While he has no magical means of healing, he offers to cook some dinner for the party & his home for the night saying it beats sleeping on the ground in the swamp.

You can see the offer has perked up the halfling, thou he still mourns the lost of his close companion.

Ayras will eventually return with some dead rabbits that Mange managed to hunt down.

"I understand your loss, I would feel the same way if Mange were to perish."

Thinking for a minute Anthril replies,

"Perhaps a sage could tell use more about it. I don't believe it was a demon or fiend of any sort. More likely it was a shape changer of some kind, though what type is beyond my ken. I have heard stories of beasts that can assume the shapes of others, and will often kill to hide their deception. When we get back to town we should definitely relay this info. In fact, I think we should try to convince our host into traveling back to town after our departure, not only for treatment, but to relay these events to the Sheriff. If nothing else it will help take his mind off his recent loss."

Pausing for a moment he continues,

"You handled yourself well, as did the rest of the group. I'm glad that we have such an able company for this undertaking, it bodes well for our success."

Yoshi bows at the compliment, but brushes it off, saying "Bah, I fought like a swan in a sack. My trying to fight in that pantry was a shameful display."

Satisfied that the Warden has had time to compose himself, Yoshi will approach him. "We came here seeking information about the Goblins in this marsh. Do you know of anything that could be of assistance in this endeavor?"

(Diplomacy: 8 + 5 = 13)

(OOC: Trying to get things moving here.)

Sorry for the delay, was waiting for everyone, didn't relize everyone had posted after my last post

The halfling pulls himself into a chair, again you see the loss of the snake still effects him dearly. (Lexx, out of everyone here you see he is suffering what you would go through with Mange)

"I'll be ok, just need some rest to let the injuries heal, but I'll go see the Sheriff & tell him, as a thank you to all of you for saving my life. I try to stay out town, I only go there when I need too." ( he speaks the truth, you've probably seen him in town maybe 1 or twice max)

"I'm not sure what that was. I doubt it was a doppleganger but something like them."

"Goblins you say, why yes that I do know things about. Little evil mischievous buggers."

You rely all the info that you've learned about the recent goblin activities to Walthus.

"Hmmmm, yes the Licktoads have been acting a bit odd & bolder lately. I'm surprised they haven't made their way here yet as we've had run in with each other. Hoping my luck holds up."

"I can confirm they do have some sorta fireworks. I've heard the loud pops & booms from their area."

"Their camp is on the Old Fish Trail, that is south of here."

He gives you general directions.

Your easiest way to get there is get back on the New Fish Trail & head back to the road. Then go south. You'll see a warn out old trail that juts off the road. There is no sign for this one. As the goblins have moved in & the trail is allot more treacherous then the New trail, people didn't want others taking the trail."

"This isn't the only way of course, you can trudge through the swamp from here. expect to encounter wide rivers & other things in the swamp."