Jump to content
haldir

Brinewall Legacy

Recommended Posts

"We aren't sure how or where the goblins got these fireworks. The things are all but rare in these parts. Aside from being cargo on incoming Tian Xia ships & such. Sandpoint doesn't have any, or at least city supplies. This is why I'd love if you could extract some information from one of them on how they got these. It might be hard yes but the information might be valuable later on if there is a secondary character behind all of this." Sheriff Hemlock says as he takes a drink

 

"Mayor Devrin has offered 500 gold to a party if this information can be obtained. The last group that went after these goblins I think wanted that gold more then saving the town. They were ill-equipped to say the least, not even sure they could even swing a sword correctly. (from what you can get out of the sheriff, the party appears to be non-PC classes, the warrior, adept type classes. There might have been a PC class among them but probably a rogue more then likely, regarding their shady tactics) It has been a few days since we last heard from them. I fear they are lost to whatever creatures, natural or unnatural inhabit the swamp. Of course they might just be lost & might show back up in Sandpoint tomorrow morning."

 

He pauses before saying

 

"Not likely, I've seen my fair share of adventures & they guys weren't cut from that stone."

 

 

"The only advice I can give you to follow the Old Fisherman's Trail. You'll find it, it's marked pretty well as it's a well used & worn trail through the northern part of the marsh. It will lead you the coast, along the way thou, you will stop at Waltrus the self-proclaimed Swamp-Warden. He is a halfling that lives in the swamp. He might be a bit odd but he knows the area, pretty sure he can help you find the goblins & he also might know if there anything else going on."

 

"Also, he may live by himself & such but he no hermit, I've met the halfling a few times & he seemed pretty jovial. Again a bit out there but hes no threat & just wants to be left alone. I think he'll help thou, he seems to be the type that will."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yoshi finishes his tea and leaves a few coins on the table for the server. (2SP)

 

"My horse is hitched outside. Luckily, this has caught me prepared. Is there a map of the marshlands? Would this 'Swamp Warden' be able to give us access to one?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthril attempts to detect evil, if possible spending 3 rounds. He will do this as surreptitiously as possible, focusing on the group at the table with Sheriff Hemlock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lexx finishes his water, places a tip on the table and ensures he has paid for his food. Then he puts on his backpack. "Clear enough, I will wait for you outside." OOC: Does everyone else have a horse. If everyone has a mount I'll need to buy a donkey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Ooc: i dont have a horse and i likely dont have enough spare money for any type of mount.)

(OOC: I doubt we'll need mounts, since we're going to be in a caravan. My class just starts with one.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yoshi

 

"You won't need the mount, the marsh isn't that far off, it's about 2 miles south of here. You just follow the Lost Coast road. (Anyone with Knowledge (Local) knows exactly where it's at.) + the marsh really isn't a place for mounts of any kind, except one adapted for that type of environment. The trails are really just footpaths." the sheriff says to you.

 

Anthril

 

You don't detect any evil of any kind

 

Party

 

The sheriff gladly thanks the party for accepting the offer, he adds the following

 

"There isn't a map to the place as there really hasn't been a need to map the place. Fisherman would use couple of trails to navigate the marsh. You'll find the one to Walthus's place at the north of the marsh, it's also marked by sign if I recall. While the marsh has reputation, the local fisherman brave it for the fine fish that can be hauled out of the place."

 

At this time, Amekio Kaijitsuenters the common room, you all are taken back by the rugged yet beautiful Tian woman even if your not a acquittance of her's. After spotting the party she moves toward the table.

 

"Afternoon Belor, what brings you the Dragon this morn'n?" she says.

 

"Morn'n Anthril." she says

(note she also says morning to anyone that has a trait associated with her. Not everyone has a Jade Regent trait, so I'm not sure. I'll ask in the Gathering)

 

"Morning Amekio. Unfortunately business." the sheriff says

 

"Oh? What kind of business?" she replies.

 

"Gotta curb those goblins or at least disarm them of those damn fireworks. I figured the Rusty Dragon was the best to find the people for that." The sheriff says

 

"Yah, you'll find all kinds here. she says.

 

"Well I better let you go, I just seen a couple people that I knew & wanted to say hi to them. Good luck everyone. When you bring back the head of the Gutwad, we'll have a big celebration here at the Dragon!"

 

She moves over to help the help. She cleans off tables & gets drinks for whoever wants them. You can tell the people enjoy having her out on the floor.

 

"Ah, I almost forgot to add there is a live bounty going on, for every semi-fresh goblin ear you turn in, you'll get 10 gold crowns. Also the only thing Mayor Devrin wants out of those, if you recover any of the fireworks, please hand them over to the guards at the Garrison, you can keep any treasure or other good you find."

 

"Thank you, the people of Sandpoint appreciates your help. May Desna guide your way."

 

With that he gives a slight bow & turns & walk toward the front door. He disappears to the outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I have Survival, KNOW-Geography and KNOW-Nature as class skills, one of these may apply to discovering the trails. My Jade Regent trait is Survival Student tied to Shalelu so maybe that will help.

 

Eager to get out in the wilderness nods to Amekio, who he knows by name and reputation but not personally and heads to the door to await the actions of his companions. He ensures the quick release knot for his backpack is tied properly so he can clear for action, though he expects the next hours to be calm walking, one never knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthril looks up and smiles when Ameiko approaches, "Good morning Ameiko."

 

After she leaves Anthril listens to the rest of what Sheriff Hemlock has to say. "That bounty is very generous Sheriff. If possible I would like half of any bounty I accrue to be given to the Sandpoint Cathedral. Hopefully with this capable group it will be a small matter to sort out this problem."

 

Anthril stands and shakes Sheriff Hemlocks hand. He also drops 3 gold on the table to cover the meal, drinks, and tip for himself and the Sheriff. After gathering up his gear and shouldering his glaive, he follows Lexx out of the Inn, nodding to Ameiko as he passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yoshi will stand and bow as the Sheriff exits, and then catch Ameiko out of earshot of the rest of the party. They have a brief conversation, Yoshi bows to her, and leaves.

 

Yoshi will take Arrow to the town stable, remove his equipment, and leave enough gold to take care of the horse for a week. (5gp should cover it?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...