Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Brinewall Legacy

The halfling will accept your help but he doesn't lie down. He says when the snake bit him he lean back & hit the edge of a table he has set up in his garden inside. He hit the small of his back & it hurts to lie down. Something he'd really like to do as the poison is weakening him.

He uncovers the wound on his arm & you can see 2 bite marks into his arm. The wound resembles a snake bite. He also says he was bit in his leg as well.

"The snake fought back after I initially struck it! It was a good thing I had my sword on me at the time!" he says.

He doesn't have the blade on him.

He looks at Yoshi & says

"Good to make your acquaintance, Yoshikazu Tenshen. My name is Kip Doobin."

Kip Doobin is not who we were looking for so Lexx is a little suspicious. Hoping to provoke a response he says, "Sir Doobin we are not carrying any antivenoms, and though I can do some healing it will not stop the poison. Do you know if there is something for the poison in the house?"

(not sure if a roll is required or what skill would be appropriate but I've got a 12 unmodified and +2 from Charisma)

Anthril steps forward in a relaxed manner, with his glaive resting over his shoulder where he can bring it to bear quickly, "We were lead to believe we could expect someone else. Perhaps our information was incorrect. You, of course, would be the person who could set us straight. After my learned companions see to your hurts of course." Trying to catch Yoshi and Lexx's attention he continues,"We have encountered a lot of strange signs, spooky feelings, and evil since we entered the swamp. Any direction you could give us would be most helpful."

Given the halfling's evil aura, and the deviations from the information that Sheriff Hemlock has given the party, he is strongly distrustful of the situation. If he is able to catch the attention of the party he will nod slightly toward "Kip Doobin" as he says the word "evil."

Sense Motive (6 + 7) = 13

(OOC: Which of us is the stealthiest? I doubt it's Loim or I.)

He'll wait for Anthril to say his piece, and add "And on the way here, we heard about something called the 'Soggy River Monster'. Would you be able to tell us anything about that? It seems dangerous."

(Diplomacy : 12 + 5 = 17)

"Well I might but I doubt it. I've never have had a problem with snakes before. I guess this one just liked my garden this time." he says to you Lexx.

He sees the party is getting a bit restless & says

"Are you guys getting hungry? I might be able to find something in my cupboards for everyone. It's a mess really. Thou I gotta ask, the fox has to stay outside. I don't like animals in my house."

He leads you into the 2 story dwelling, for a building this size it's quite small inside. The building is human size thou.

TheShack.png

The first room (1) you encounter is small room with 2 sets of stairs that lead up to the 2nd story. There are multiple doors in this room, he leads you to the door that is on the diagonal wall. as you walk across this room, you notice there is allot of damage with a few potted plants broken & lying on the floor.

He leads you into a small kitchen area (2). There is a small table & just 1 chair. There is also a small wood stove. He goes into the pantry (3) & comes out with a few foodstuff items.

"There we go." he puts the items on the table. It's not much, just some bread & some fruit. He also comes back with a jug of water.

"It's fresh, I went into Sandpoint earlier this week. Now where were we, oh yah." he says.

"Well that the swamp for yah, it has that feeling over everyone & everything that comes in here. It's worst for people that live here but I like my privacy so I live here."

He says to you Anthril. As you talk to the halfling you see his eyes are really blood shot & have a exhausted "up all night" look.

"I've seen that creature, but it's never come near my shack. I was out in the swamp, gathering some herbs when I heard a shriek! It was nothing like I've heard before! Luckily I was hidden around a patch of trees, but I got a good look at it as it feasted on some poor animal. It was very large but human like. It was grey & had 4 arms. What was disturbing was it's head & that horrible mouth. It was insect like but it's mouth was way to larger for it's head! It just took large chunks out the animal."

"I was thankful I was able to get out of there before it saw me."

"If your serious in trying to find, the goblins that live in the swamp probably know where it actually lives." he says as he takes a bite of a apple.

(OOC: Been a bit. Let's see if we can get something going.)

Yoshi will thank Kip for his hospitality, saying "We appreciate your kindness, Mr. Doobin. If you'll excuse me for a moment, I have some 'personal business' to attend to outside."

Yoshi is going to try and have a look at the Garden. Would you like a bluff check to see if I lie convincingly, or a stealth check to see if he notices me sneaking around the side of the shack? Or both?

Anthril is going to remain guarded. He doesn't trust the halfling, or the situation. He will keep his eyes open in case the situation deteriorates, and keep his glaive within easy reach.

(Perception 20 + 3 = 23)

Go ahead with the check & go ahead & make your way out, he doesn't object.

Should have clarified, Bluff, as there are no windows in the kitchen.

Ayras is not eating anything, but sneaking bits of pieces into his pockets to feed to mange later, if the food proves to be safe.

He will then speak

"Very generous hospitality, were you expecting us? Seems like you have more than enough for just yourself..."

I haven't seen where we have provided first aid or cast a healing spell. If I missed that ignore this post. "Kip, if I may call you that, even without antivenoms I can provide some aid. Relax and I will see what I can do." (Heal, which is a class skill at rank 1 (+3) and wisdom bonus (+4), rolled 7+4+3+14).