Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Bedlam

So... what IS ArtistCon?

So... we're talking something like ReaperCon Fall, or is there something different about this particular gathering? I'm pondering whether or not I can make it this year, and it would be pivotal to know more about what I'm pondering getting into...

Reaper has the sculptors and painters (the usual suspects ;-) come down for a little get together before Halloween. While we're there, Reaper holds an open house during the weekend. It's mostly locals that show up, but there are always a few hardy travelers that show up from farther afield. Any and all are welcome!! AFAIK there's not really any formal events, no classes or anything, so It's a much more subdued affair than Reaper Con. Still lots of fun!! :bday:

Gene

It's a lot like going to the Asylum paint club that happens every Saturday-only on mega-steroids. A plethora of sculptors and painters are there, there's a limited edition mini, and there are more people than usually attend the Asylum paint club.

Artist Con is just a big week when we get the artists together to rub elbows and chat about stuff. But, we also have an open house. So it's just a come as you are sort of thing. If you want to bring your supplies and park it, that's a great idea, too. Lots of people to talk to and ask questions of and stuff.

Sorry for the lack of an official response. Artist Con is a fairly casual affair.

Yep. That's the way it works around here sometimes.

All right, I'm convinced. Will be there. There will be coloring books. Have the case of grapefruit, the trampoline, and the albino cheerleaders ready for my arrival on Saturday.

Ahem! OUR arrival. Don't forget who else is very much looking forward to going, and will be driving us up in the vehicle with the very cool Reaper decal.

Briathel/Michael

Ahem! OUR arrival. Don't forget who else is very much looking forward to going, and will be driving us up in the vehicle with the very cool Reaper decal.

Briathel/Michael

How could I forget? At this rate, yer gonna have 'em all thinkin' we're an old gay couple...

Briathel/Michael

How could I forget? At this rate, yer gonna have 'em all thinkin' we're an old gay couple...

Not that old...