Sign in to follow this  
Caius

Stirges w/ 6 feet

Since I had to go to Tucson on buisiness, I stopped by Things for Thinkers and browsed a bit. Found the stirges that I have been wanting that the local shop does not have.

Everyone needs stirges. You can wipe out an entire second level party with a couple of stirges. Muwahahahahah (but I digress)

I failed to notice till I got them home that Bob sculpted them with 6 legs. 6?? Six??

We all know that stirges have four (4) legs. Now the question. Which legs to remove?

Would the look better snipping the center, or aft most legs?

-Caius

Since I had to go to Tucson on buisiness, I stopped by Things for Thinkers and browsed a bit. Found the stirges that I have been wanting that the local shop does not have.

Everyone needs stirges. You can wipe out an entire second level party with a couple of stirges. Muwahahahahah (but I digress)

I failed to notice till I got them home that Bob sculpted them with 6 legs. 6?? Six??

We all know that stirges have four (4) legs. Now the question. Which legs to remove?

Would the look better snipping the center, or aft most legs?

-Caius

Well according to the description they have 8 legs. (MM3.5) But you're right the artist's picture only has 4. I thought they had 6 to tell you the truth.

:blink::huh:

I recommend 5 legs or maybe 7 legs. You just don't see enough monsters with an odd amount of legs.

Yeah, we need a haggis miniature.

Well according to the description they have 8 legs. (MM3.5) But you're right the artist's picture only has 4. I thought they had 6 to tell you the truth.

:blink::huh:

Clearly a typo. The 2nd edition MM lists 4 legs (picture shows 4), 1st edition does not specify. (picture shows four).

I'm thinking the aft most leggs go.

-Caius