mouslings in space?

Inarah

The boxed set 01517, Space Mousling Adventure will be $29.99

Yow! As nice as they look, that's a bit over budget these days. Four figures, $7.50 apiece.... ::o:

Unfortunately, the monster blows the pricing curve. He's quite a bit of metal. He'd *probably* cost about $15 if he were sold by himself in a blister.

RR

The 01434 set of just the 3 mice is $14.99. So the monster is adding $15 by himself...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't Denny's still sell kid drinks in rocketship shaped containers? I must have half a dozen of those still lying around...

hmmm thanks for the tip. I may have to take the kids there soon ::P:

1. The 'monster' itself (if sold seperately) is WORTH the $15, IMHO, especially for LTD figure...and I plan to order the boxed set AND the 'regular' set AS SOON as they are available and maybe a seperate monster too!

2. For a 'special edition/limited set'....(which happens to come out around my birthday, or as 'early Christmas pressent!), I'll 'bend the budget'....I just wish the 'Gray Aliens II' by Ridolfi were out at the same time so I could just place ONE order instead of two...*sigh*

3. I've got ONE of the old Denny's rocket cups, I just have to see if I can 'convert' it I guess! (I knew I'd saved it for something!)

4. I'm not really 'into' the mouslings, (though I do think they are incredibly cute and have friends that have collected and painted every single one/can't wait for each new release)....but for sci-fi/retro-pulp, these figures are just TOO GOOD to pass up!

Now if you could just add a 'robo-mousling' and space-amazon-mousling with pointed ears/antennae....heh-heh (and I'd still like to see better images of the rocket and maybe a large edition of the POSTER (suitable for wall-mounting)...released someday...

Just a 'comment' about reaper's 'price points'....I have purchased a lot of Reaper products over many years and by and large...the AVERAGE figures, especially those from my FAVORITE 'line', CHRONOSCOPE, have been MORE than competitive with anything even close.

Reaper has also come out with a WIDER range of figures, for different genre's under Chronoscope that wouldn't have been available any other way. Some companies end up getting 'lost' in trying to support ONE particular line or genre...say, if ALL they did was 'Mouslings' for example? Which leaves a lot of other potential customers 'out in the cold.'

Reaper has their regular 'fantasy' etc lines, but the Chronoscope line allows them to toss out figures for a VARIETY of 'niche' markets without putting all their 'eggs'...(or mouslings) in one 'basket' and they can add NEW figures to it, (such as additional 'alien overlord', grey/gray aliens or steam-punk-ish), as they want/demand and sales determine...without putting themselves into a 'no-win' situation.

They can 'respond' to genre's within the Chronoscope line that show the most sales/demand and interest as things progress....which is very cool and I like it!

Thank you!

pondman1955

(I could make it worth someone's while to send me one of their rocketship cups...)

If you're really interested, gimme a PM. I'll nose around when I get home from work. I KNOW I still have at least two, because I use them for props in skirmish gaming in pulp 25mm...

(I could make it worth someone's while to send me one of their rocketship cups...)

If you're really interested, gimme a PM. I'll nose around when I get home from work. I KNOW I still have at least two, because I use them for props in skirmish gaming in pulp 25mm...

WooHoo! I just ordered a set each of the 'Regular' Space Mouslings and the 'Special Edition' with 'Mr. Squiggles' the space monster....which is only available until Halloween! Don't miss out, get yours TODAY!!!! (Mwah-hah-hah!)Now to work on a space(cup)ship.....

Oh, and shouldn't the Reaper Artist-Con say that it is an 'Open-MOUSE' not an 'Open House'??????? :rolleyes:

WooHoo! I just ordered a set each of the 'Regular' Space Mouslings and the 'Special Edition' with 'Mr. Squiggles' the space monster....which is only available until Halloween! Don't miss out, get yours TODAY!!!! (Mwah-hah-hah!)Now to work on a space(cup)ship.....

Oh, and shouldn't the Reaper Artist-Con say that it is an 'Open-MOUSE' not an 'Open House'??????? :rolleyes:

Pulled the trigger on mine & Shoatima as well. Woke up this morning thinking how I want to put the mouslings & monster all together in a scene. Not sure if that's a good thing or not...

Michael

Yes, each LOOSE mouseling comes with one helmeted head and one bare head; there are three separate head sprues (or perhaps one male head sprue and one female head sprue, and the set comes with two identical male head sprues; I don't have it in front of me at work now). The mouseling grappling with the monster is helmeted. There are THREE head sprues in the boxed set; I would presume the blister is the same.

They already make a space babe. Now we just need "Space Dude with Pistol" and "Space Dude with Zap Rifle."

And interchangeable helmet heads. Gene was right. Someone needs to figure out how to make transparent bubble helmets for metal figures...

...and now that I'm home and can check: Froggy, there are three head sprues, I remembered correctly. Furthermore, the two male head sprues are in fact different heads. And each sprue contains one helmeted head and one regular.