Crackle, crackle.

Wumby

I'll keep this short. Would mold release residue on a mini make RMS white brush-on primer difficult to stick? And then with another mediocre cleaning, be the cause for an unwanted "crackle effect" for the base coat? (I've already put the model in the simple green bath and will be re-prepping it this afternoon.) Thanks in advance for input.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a simple rinse and pat dry, so I believe I'm going to double check after the SG bath and scrub with the toothbrush and soap. Thanks for the replies that confirm my initial suspicions. BTW, the crackle effect was actually quite cool looking, but out of place on my model.

for the artist speed paint last weekend, I was behind schedule and primered the minis with some rustoleum spray primer. Apparently that stuff takes a really long time to dry and everyone's model's were crackling - the main culprit seems to be when the primer underneath is not fully set/dry before the paint is applied. There's also some chemical thing that goes on with some kinds of primer - which is one of the reason I switched from Krylon to Tamiya primer.