Sign in to follow this  
Warwick

A Very Good Time

I juggled whole planets and made it to ArtistCon for a few hours. That was well worth it. I don't geek out over much, but getting a chance to watch sculptors I consider rock stars actually sculpting models I will later buy and adore...well, it's hard not to embarrass myself. Plus they all gave me advice on my first step into the realm of mini sculpting. Really, can it get any better than that?!

YES!

I got a rock! It's the coolest rock I own. It will be hung in my gameroom.

So thanks Reaper for doing something as cool as this. See ya next year.

A fine time indeed. As usual, I came, I had a grand time, and I didn't wanna leave...

It was definitely great seeing the folks that could make it! Very casual feeling this year -> great that we got to sit around the visitors tables in the main warehouse area. I liked it. Felt like it was very easy to mingle!

Warwick, sorry I missed you. I ended up getting to go a little more than I though tI would so I was there both Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Gave a few Warlord demos on Friday night and had an epic 3 1/2 hour game on Saturday. It was a crazy game. Only 1000 points (well 1000 beginning points anyway) Darkreach vs Tembrithil. In the end, Darkreach had Nuranid left standing and the woodies had a Dryad, her familiar, and a fruitful branched sapoling warrior. The woodies walked away with the trophy.

Warwick, sorry I missed you. I ended up getting to go a little more than I though tI would so I was there both Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Gave a few Warlord demos on Friday night and had an epic 3 1/2 hour game on Saturday. It was a crazy game. Only 1000 points (well 1000 beginning points anyway) Darkreach vs Tembrithil. In the end, Darkreach had Nuranid left standing and the woodies had a Dryad, her familiar, and a fruitful branched sapoling warrior. The woodies walked away with the trophy.

Thanks for the demo! I ended up picking up a large crusader army with options as well as a Sisterhood army of no small size. It stinks that I had to leave early Saturday afternoon for a long drive home as I would have loved to see that game.

Hey Stubbdoggie! I barely got to go, so I was happy just to make an appearance. Next time, perhaps, a rematch against your dreaded Reptus. Sounds like you got in some cool battles.

Well, let me just say that I know that Tembrithil does not seem to get a lot of play around here. Maybe cause its full of faeries and fawns and not "tuff guy" type models. But, I gotta say that it more than held its own against a pretty potent Darkreach list I threw together.

Goforth loaded her army up well to take advantage of the King's warlord ability. In the end, between the fruitful branch spells and the familiar regenerations (aka being re-summoned) she probably had 1250 points hit the table that game to take on my 1000 points of Darkreach. I had gotten her to bite on a few feints of mine, but she laughed those ploys off and countered with great timed spell casting that I had not expected.

We each had a couple of epic fails on some big spells. We both had our heavy hitters whiff at least once. We both had atleast 4 successful tough checks in the game that were considered game changers at the time. She had several DR trees and I had several displaced henchlings to laugh off damage from each other. That is why the game went from the usual hour game to almost 3 1/2 hours.