Sign in to follow this  
MonkeySloth

Ice Bases

@neuroticGOD it's called Distress Crackle paint. If you follow the link I give in the first post I've got amazon links to the products.

@humansquih Thanks. I do have some brief steps in the afore mentioned link but it's kind of random and rambling. Maybe I will make something that's a little more coherent.

oooh! thats a great idea! i like it!

Love the hand coming out from the ice also! lol

ooh I clicked your twitter link to follow. you can request to follow me also if you want. =)

I'm kind of sad no one has commend on the face in the ice. Though it's hard to see unless you know it's there or are looking at the larger version of the picture.

It's a little tough to make out as a face, IMHO. Now that I know it's there and what it is, I can recognize featues, but if you hadn't mentioned it I'd probably have had to have the base in hand to figure it out.

Nice easter egg, but subtle. ::):

These are amazing.... I might just have to steal this idea!

I would also like to see instructions/tutorial of what you did and used for the final ones shown here.

Thanks!

Turns out I didn't let my water effect sit long enough so as it finished drying it shrunk some and my base has collapsed a bit, I'll see about posting a picture later tonight.

Because of that I'm making another one and am taking pictures so I can do a step-by-step for those that have requested.

@nameless I would love to see what you could do with this.

So here's what happens if you don't let what you have the crackle paint resting on enough time to fully settle:

post-6838-13202086732648.jpg

I may add some snow to fill out some parts of the base so this doesn't become a total loss, but at the same time the replacement is almost ready to go:

post-6838-13202087800671.jpg

And for those asking Part 1 of my tutorial on making these is up in painting tips.