It's been some time now since the P-65 line has been released, and I was curious about its status. I'm hoping that it is something which will be continued and expanded as I only use metal figures. Has it been successful so far? Do you prefer to purchase a P-65 figure rather than the same one in pewter?

Also, is there any intention to release Boerogg Blackrime in P-65? It's a great sculpt, and I'd hate to see all future large figs switch to resin.

Cheers.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do a search for Boerogg in the forums you can see the posts where the ReaperPeeps™ in charge of production said a metal version would easily hit $50-55 in metal, which I'm only assuming was for P-65 due to the size and weight of the figure. Just in those threads alone are a lot of people who chime in about $55 being a bit out of their comfort zone for a model like that. ::D:

I'd assumed the $55 number was for what it would cost as standard pewter, since it's about the same size as the fire giant king ($50 in pewter, $36 P-65), and because P-65 is an experimental line which (so far) hasn't had any exclusive first-run figures.

I'd assumed the $55 number was for what it would cost as standard pewter, since it's about the same size as the fire giant king ($50 in pewter, $36 P-65), and because P-65 is an experimental line which (so far) hasn't had any exclusive first-run figures.

That is incorrect, there have been a few P-65 only models (the specific models escape me at this time). As for the Reaper runs in resin. I checked out the one you spoke of and they did a great job with it. It completely blew the first resin releases out of the water of a company that shall remain nameless. I really do wish Reaper would do more p-65 models as thier price puts Reaper models back into impule buy range for me.

There has been several p65 only figs.

P65

If you look on the listing page, the first 3 (also the lastest releases) are all exclusive P65 figs. (Granted the elephant man was released but I do believe he was never a general release)

Also most of the giants are P65 as well.

Earth Elemental is a P65, heck the fig would probably be in the 50 dollar range it was Dark Heaven release, as it's a hefty fig.

Spell effects are exclusive figs as well.

RM

We are achieving great success with P-65, and continue to support the line with 2 new figures per release - approximately 4 per month.

P-65 does have a few exclusive figures, although we are very excited about it's potential, not only to do new, larger figures, but also to make older large figures affordable to the budget-minded.

We're also looking at resin, such as was used on Berogg Blackrime, and trying to make sure that we use both resources properly and to their fullest potential.

I hope that helps.