I've developed Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome, which is fancy talk for kidney failure caused by a severe E Coli infection. I've been on a heavy dose of antibiotics, but I've only got three doses left and I've had no improvement in symptoms. I see my OB tomorrow, but I may have to be hospitalized and put on dialysis until I deliver, or worst case scenario, be induced. I don't know how I got it or how it got so bad so fast. I'm scared of the possibility of being induced 10 weeks before my due date, but if she truly is safer out then in, then I'm ok with that. I just can't catch a break... :down:::(:

My boys were born 14.5 weeks early, and are doing pretty well - turned 10 this year. I know medicin has advanced a lot since then, too. Hopefully your doctors are informaed, and inform you, and help you make the right choices.

10 weeks early isn't too bad, IMO. But, I am more on the extreme for having premies......

My daughter was born quite prematurely... at the point in medical technology where if she'd been born three months earlier, or further from Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, she would now be dead. As it is, she turned thirty this year, and is still not a zombie

...but I guess this isn't much of a time for jokes.

Dialysis is a hassle, but it's better than the alternative. Here's hoping for something better for you and your baby...unsure.gif

Wasn't there some E Coli contaminated cantaloupe or something going around? Maybe you got it from fruit or vegetables from one of those farms.

10 weeks may be early, but you're lucky it's a girl. Girls' lungs develop much sooner, so they have a much better survival rate among preemies. I hope you're feeling better soon, and I'll say a prayer for you and your baby!

Wasn't there some E Coli contaminated cantaloupe or something going around? Maybe you got it from fruit or vegetables from one of those farms.

10 weeks may be early, but you're lucky it's a girl. Girls' lungs develop much sooner, so they have a much better survival rate among preemies. I hope you're feeling better soon, and I'll say a prayer for you and your baby!

It was listeria contamination, which is much worse, and I have an E Coli infection of the kidneys which isn't caused by food poisoning.

On another note, I also have a large stone in my right kidney....Ugh...