Sign in to follow this  
Baphomet69

Odd Game Out?

It was great to see a company is going to be developing computer games for CAV and Reich of the Dead, but I sure was disappointed to see Warlord not included on the list. Especially with what happened with the last attempt... :down:

It was great to see a company is going to be developing computer games for CAV and Reich of the Dead, but I sure was disappointed to see Warlord not included on the list. Especially with what happened with the last attempt... :down:

You definitely do NOT want to put Warlord on the table first. You don't know what the end product will look like. Besides, there are quite a number of good fantasy computer games on the market. Confrontation is coming out soon. It is also more demanding in graphic arts on fantasy figures. It will be wise to test the water with CAV and Reich of the Dead first rather than risking your flagship game.

A first person Warlord game isn't a good idea. It needs to stick to the source matter and be a wargame on the computer. And if we could "paint" models, add some personal touches, like trophies we have won in battles or tournaments. Dude, this is a great idea! If only I could code!

Oh, I wasn't thinking first-person at all. I completely envisioned a 'virtual table-top' type of game, with models that you select and move/take actions with, etc.

Oh, I wasn't thinking first-person at all. I completely envisioned a 'virtual table-top' type of game, with models that you select and move/take actions with, etc.

That is all the tabletop gamers' dream but it won't happen. The closest version I can think of is Ex illis. It is very unfortunate that it is now on life support.

Pox Nora is this, except that they sell the "minis" in a blind format ala HeroClix. http://poxnora.station.sony.com/index.do

You can download it through Steam now too.

Ex Illis is awful it is a game you expand by buying the minis but then those minis aren't needed to play the game. Just bad design. Give me a table top or a computer game not both.