Skeletal Crewman x 2

Skeletal Harpooner

Troop 5

Karkarius

Troop 6

Soul Cannon

Troop 7

Soul Cannon

Before I get into this battle report, I realize that my opponent’s army is not legal. A fact I didn’t realize until writing this, and something I feel didn’t help him. I’m not worried about it and neither should you worry about it.

Turn 1

So obviously my opponent had a clear initiative advantage and was able to move four troops before I got a chance to move. Once my chance to move came I moved one of three Imps I had deployed and began the Daisychain of Horror. Important to note is that while basing his entire force I paused to allow Guros the chance to rip off Fireball, and wounded four of the five intended victims. Once I based his entire force the fighting commenced. Unfortunately I only killed two models due to some stellar Tough Checks and craptastic rolling by yours truly. The end of the turn had the Dark Maiden based by Mastema and Maugratoth, Razig and Rauthuros were toe to toe, Kharkarius was based by Mastema who he murdered and moved on to a Succubus, and the rest based by Succubi and the Marilith.

Turn 2

The Dark Maiden and Razig died in the melee dance but took Rauthuros and Mastema with them. Kharkarius killed his opponent handily and moved into base with Guros. Guros handled the wereshark with ease and ended his rampage while inspiring his troop. The Marilith and Ashakia finished off Black Tom and his boys but they gave as good as they got and killed the pair. Mr. Blood and his crew, having been engaged by the Ice Demons, finished off their opponents, but Mr. Blood and two crewman didn’t survive their icy blades. The two Soul Cannons faired not so well. One was spiked and the other sent to its last track.

Turn 3

This is where the Demons mopped up the field and by the end of the turn there remained a single Skeleton Harpooner. One Imp, two Succubi, and Guros remained in my force. My opponent conceded the game at that point.

Wrap Up

The Razig model of the match goes to Kharkarius. He is a frighteningly good model and one I recommend no Razig Player leave home without. He easily could kill double his points. His one mistake was basing Guros, who’s Disable SA prevented him from making Defensive Strikes. The Darkspawn model of the match was Guros. He was the model who was in the right place for the right action in every turn.

This was a fun game. The key to the Darkspawn win was I neutralized his faction doctrine, dominated movement and position, and dominated melee by remembering to Inspire and use Focus. My tactical goal was to neutralize his two Warlord class models on turn 1 while tying up his shooting because Soul Cannons suck in Melee. This is definitely a gimmick force, but the gimmick is pretty impressive. I think my opponent would have fared better if he was down a Soul Cannon and he used those points for a cheap rat horde shield.

How was the list not legal? I thought I checked everything out properly...explain it to me on Wednesday.

Looking forward to a rematch. >:)

Wait wait wait...Razig took down Rauthuros? In two rounds of combat?!? :blink: Did you whiff with Rauthuros or something? He should have kicked Razig's butt! :blink:

Also, while Guros does have Disable, from your wording, it sounds like you did something wrong. If Guros wounds Karkarius, it removes ONE attack from Mr. Sharky, not ALL of them. Also, Karkarius would have been guaranteed at least 1 Defensive Strike. Yes, his Offensive Strikes could have been reduced to zero, I'll grant you that. :poke:

All in all, sounds like the Daisychain of Horror proved to be as uber-tough as always!

Yes Rauthuros wiffed which is what he usually does.

Well considering that we both misread the SA Disable and applied it the same I'm unconcerned but also good to know for future fights.

You must be playing him wrong because he almost never whiffs for me! ::P:

:lol:

No my dice hate me when I play Warlord. I've even tried using my razor cut dice and they fail me. :angry: The RPG's I play with d10s they roll like a beast. :wacko: