dannibal

Handling Walls

I've played a couple of games recently that involved archers standing behind a (level 1) wall to shoot and then later being attacked for a Fight Combat.

One game we decided that mounted figures had to ride around to an opening in the wall, but mounted figures with Leap SA could go over the wall. Then, I noticed later that going over a wall just costs 1" of movement, like going up an elevation. So, 1) now I'm wondering what Leap is for?

Another game, everyone was on foot and we decided that units that charged up to the other side of the wall could Fight the archers in Combat. 2) Was it OK to count that as BTB contact? 3) Has anyone used a house rule for a cover modifier when fighting, like is done for ranged combat?

Thanks!

Dannibal

Leap is for jumping over the enemy troops, not terrain. You can jump over that line of pesky Dwarven Warriors and either attack them from behind or go after that pesky mage.

Fighing hand to hand from each side of a wall makes sense. My group would probably give both sides hard cover to represent having to fight over the obstacle, but unless the wall was unusually tall or wide, we wouldn't think of it stopping melee.

Leap is for jumping over the enemy troops, not terrain. You can jump over that line of pesky Dwarven Warriors and either attack them from behind or go after that pesky mage.

Fighing hand to hand from each side of a wall makes sense. My group would probably give both sides hard cover to represent having to fight over the obstacle, but unless the wall was unusually tall or wide, we wouldn't think of it stopping melee.

Thanks, we were leaning toward a Fight cover modifier too.

Dannibal

Actually, Tim, I hate to disagree with you, but Leap specifically states that it can be used to "jump over models and walls" of a smaller size.

~v