Human Mage

Wumby

Improving with camera fu, just have to work on my lighting. (Used Gimp this time too to remove background distraction.) I've also improved on thinning my paints. I wanted to work on yellow since it's such a beast, and well, you can't tell by the pics, but the trim is a bright yellow...with no transitions/shading. Layering still evasive for me. I'm using washes quite a bit, but am finding the results less than satisfactory with the "hard edges" left behind after the wash dries. I think I'm going to attempt to not slap on the wash, but thin it out quite a bit and attempt to control where the wash lands. Without further ado, here's my latest attempt at being a miniature painter.

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its great to see the Super Dungeon Explore minis. Are you going to be painting all the heroes?

I like the colors you used the purple yellow combo. I'm not sure about the red runes though. The face turned out great and also the hair. If you are going to paint more of these I would definatly suggest darklining. These anime style minis can actually use a much harsher darklining so even if your not stable with the brush the line could be left a little larger at least in my opinion.

I started painting the ranger and really enjoyed painting her so far however the mage I began to prep and found many casting issues. After opening the others I found the same problems with most of them especially the rogue her face is so miscast I will likely have to see if they will send me a new one. Did your scuplts have casting issues?

Thank you for posting these I enjoy seeing them and I think you are doing well with them. Hopefully we will get to see more of them from you.

@Marsya: Color theory is non-existent in my brain. I've attempted to read up on it...some, but I just can't retain the information as to what combinations look good, or how to choose colors. I'll try again, though. For some reason I knew that Purple and yellow were a decent combo, but the runes...meh, red was within reach really. The dwarf and the mage are the only one's that I currently own. I'd eventually like to get the whole box set just b/c it has all of the models for a decent price. Yes, I have had casting issues. The dwarf, not so much, but the mage I straight freehanded the runes b/c the sculpted runes were too shallow for me to paint or wash...tried it multiple times. Details on both treasure chests were the same. So some of the wood grain was flat and so were parts of the metal bands on the chests.