Kaladrax, ressurected

kittykat23uk

Hi folks! Finally finished Kaladrax reborn!!!! ::D:

If you have seen Kaladrax in the shop you will know that he is in fact a drcolich or skeletal dragon. Having already completed a Ral Partha dracolich I decided to try and reconstruct Kaladrax in life. This thread shows the development of the sculpt and below is him finished.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?37982-Resurrection-of-a-dragon

I went for a very naturalistic colourscheme like that of a crocodile. To be honest he looks better IRL than in these piccies. I think I overworked it slightly and perhaps my paints are rather past it so I will have to invest in some new ones before I start on Cang! Overall I think my sculpt is much more successful than my last attempt (the Treasure Dragon). However, I have had a slight problem with the weight of the wings which means his right back leg is slightly cracked. Hoping that the arm resting on the base will prevent further shifting but that remains to be seen. :/. Also the left wing limb is significantly thicker than the right, in part I think due to the underlying bone structure and a few areas in the scuplting were not as well defined as they could have been. The base is made of supersculpy and decorated with various Woodland scenics products and a few bits of dried plant.

6892091997_93189baf31_b.jpg

DSCF6892 Kaladrax 4 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

6892090575_fe22bdd3c8_b.jpg

DSCF6890 Kaladrax 3 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

6892088047_196c6c9c8a_b.jpg

DSCF6882 Kaladrax 2 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

6892085863_c665890441_b.jpg

DSCF6881 Kaladrax 1 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

Let me know what you think!

Jo

• Like 6

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great. I like what you did with the wings, I can see and feel the fiery effect. From what I see of your work, it is a good example of your skill level. Big flat area like that are challenging. Those with great freehand skill can make it look breath taking but I am not one of those. I like the sharp contrast of the wings and body, it makes the dragon look more dynamic.

Kaladrax told me he wasn't quite done yet so I've tried to improve the wings a bit :). I daren't do much more to him now though as his leg is slightly cracked under the weight of the wings. I fear to much movement might cause irrepairable damage :(. Plus Cang is calling me..

6781753292_84e5173a0e_z.jpg

DSCF6933 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

6927872851_61e25bbc60_z.jpg

DSCF6932 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

6781753522_3008329290_z.jpg

DSCF6934 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

6927872851_61e25bbc60_z.jpg

DSCF6932 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

6781751680_7bb2664554_z.jpg

DSCF6927 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

6781750932_01746f2aef_z.jpg

DSCF6923 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr