Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Heritage Dungeon Dwellers models from aeons past

So Reaper started out with a bunch of old Heritage models, and in the old archived catalogs you can see what they used to have. My question is, can those still be purchased just like any of the other old out of print Reaper stuff?

Thanks

Mark

Funny, I was shooting a video this afternoon, and I found a bunch of the old models still in their blisters in Ed's office. Props!

They are currently owned by GFI, which went belly up about a year ago.

http://www.minifigs....maintenance.php

Hopefully someone will buy the molds and put them back into production soon.

Hi Inarah,

Thanks! I'd actually purchased from GFI before but saw that they had gone under and they didn't actually have all the Dungeon Dweller miniatures, just a portion of them. There are some really nice halflings, gnomes, harpies, player characters, et cetera that their site didn't have. I wonder if then Reaper sold them to GFI or if Reaper still retains the right to cast if they ever wanted to?

My understanding is that all of the rights to the Heritage Dungeon Dwellers that Reaper owned were sold to GFI and those molds are currently sitting in a locked storage locker. I'm working with the thought that Reaper did acquire and then sell the entire line to GFI and there may have been figures that never made it into molds. If anyone is interested in acquiring the molds I can put you in contact with one of the owners. I have no idea how long it might take to locate those molds and get them to an interested party though, nor do I know if there are or where the masters might be.Hopefully at least in the same storage locker.

I don't know if anyone is still here from this old thread, but I'm Michael of Classic Miniatures. Back in 2004 I bought the IP from several old Heritage lines and cast them, as well as others, as a self-supporting hobby when I have time between work & family. I visited Tom Dye at GFI in 2007. GFI acquired the molding for the Reaper Dungeon Dwellers in 2002. The Reaper Dungeon Dweller line is a bit different from the original. Some figures are the same, some are missing, new figures from several other lines were added and others were changed to the "broccoli bases" that proved unpopular with collectors and those nostalgic for replicas of what they had back in the day. After meeting with Tom it was agreed that I would produce and sell the original cobblestone based Dungeon Dwellers I had in the surviving pattern molds. New molding was made from master figures produced from the pattern molds as time for my hobby permitted. The gnomes have been available for a while and the harpies and many others are out for production molding at Reaper now. I hope to offer them soon when molding is back in my hands and I have time to cast. Tom's heart lies with Historical miniatures and he admitted to me that the Reaper Dungeon Dweller line was not a big seller for GFI when they were still in business. I'd be highly interested in acquiring the Reaper Dungeon Dweller line from Tom if and when he would be ready to sell.

• Like 10