Bones You'd Like To See

Dr.Bedlam

I guess I'll go ahead and add to the list.

Warlord. I would love to see some warlord armies available for... well, yknow, a lot less than they cost now. "Proxy" minis from Dark Heaven would be good too. I know this is a big project so I can't expect Reaper to crank it out until well after they'd caught up with their current agenda but it would be awesome to see one day. Hey maybe a kickstarter next year for Warlord. Could include books and whatever is needed to play, and really expand the player base.

Other than that I'd say the Iconic Pathfinder minis are all amazing and high quality, and maybe the Savage World/Deadlands ones. Things like decor/terrain would be nice, I know there are a lot of things like tombstones and scenic bases etc that'd be great to have cheaply made and easy to paint quickly. Obviously Reaper's not going into the terrain business but I'm thinking 'accessories,' which they already have both in sets (and conversion packs!) and accompanying various minis (wizard with a book on a pedestal, that sort of thing.)

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got in for a vampire level on the kickstarter so now I want to fill in gaps in my collection. I want to run an "Against the Giants" campaign and I am lacking in plastic hill giants. Big time.

So I want these:

Hill giants drawn by Wayne Reynolds to fit the reaper bones frost and fire giants .

Pathfinder troll

Wargs, winter wolves, dire wolves

more other animals, like leopards, sabertooth tigers, bears, ice toads, etc.

• Like 2

I would like Mod packs - things like weapons, shields, wings (angelic and demonic) to make modifications to characters without having to destroy tear apart one mini to make another look more like what we want :)

This.

I love modding miniatures, even if I haven't really had a chance to do it in years. I would love to have a ready stock of weapons, items, backpacks, skulls, alternate heads, etc... in order to diversify my units. I don't like having any two of my minis to look the same, and providing some options to change them up a bit would be great. Unfortunately I lost my bits box when I started jumping from country to country C.c

The price point on the metal weapons is a bit too high, but with Bones you could get a lot of variation for cheap, and from what I've been reading customizing Bones is just as easy as customizing metal minis. If there were options to pick up a pack of weapons/items for the same price as, say, the Bones Ogre Chief, that would be an amazing deal, even if it only had 5 or 10 different pieces in it.

• Like 1

The price point on the metal weapons is a bit too high, but with Bones you could get a lot of variation for cheap, and from what I've been reading customizing Bones is just as easy as customizing metal minis. If there were options to pick up a pack of weapons/items for the same price as, say, the Bones Ogre Chief, that would be an amazing deal, even if it only had 5 or 10 different pieces in it.

Just for the sake of brainstorming, if there's a fear that a weapons pack wouldn't sell well, perhaps there's a way to make it serve double-duty as a playable model. It's ... a weapon golem! Or a blade whirlwind! Or a Poltergeist!

Basically, make a miniature that consists of a big cluster of weapons positioned so they're spiraling up from a base (a large shield rather than a broccoli base) and ready to slice poor adventurers to shreds. For anyone who wants a weapon pack, just snip off some of those swords, axes and shields and use them for conversions. :D If there are a few swirly bits that join the pieces together that can't strictly be used for conversion, well, we'd normally be getting all those weapons on a SPRUE anyway, so it's basically serving the same purpose -- only a bit more decorative.

After all, there are already a few miniatures that I look at as "conversion bait" (and buy several of, for just that reason). I've bought several pegasi just because I wanted some plain horses that I could saddle up however I wanted (with a bit of epoxy putty -- or, for one project, put them on poles to make a carousel) AND have the added bonus of some wings I can use for conversions.

Here, you'd just be DELIBERATELY putting together a miniature in a way intended for that purpose. By having the "weapon pack" be essentially packaged as a usable miniature, perhaps it would broaden its appeal so that it might be snatched up by those who have no intention of doing any converting, but simply like the idea of a whirlwind of blades/junk/etc. as some sort of hazard to throw at the heroes. (I've actually gone the reverse direction and made such "blade whirlwinds" out of assorted "bitz" as quickie miniatures for encounters in overly-magical dungeons. It's kind of funny to have an encounter in some magic-infused chamber where the furnishings, weapons rack, etc., become "monsters," and then the players are a little more WARY about random pieces of furniture thereafter.)

I've sometimes thought that on those weapon packs, it's a mild pity that the "sprue" piece is just a sprue, when it could have been, oh, say, a wooden blank shape, or a tombstone, or some other shape that could conceivably be used for something (but which we won't worry about too much if it's miscast), but which serves the function of joining those other pieces together, rather than a tab of pewter or plastic that's just scrap.

In a similar vein, it would be neat to have some big clunky clockwork "gizmotron" that is basically an excuse to have lots of pipes and tanks and levers and gears that could be a prize cache for someone who wants to chop something up for pieces to "steampunkerize" some miniatures.

I'd also love it if more of the figures with incorporated bases would be standing on SOMETHING, rather than just on a broccoli base. There were a few Bones models in the Kickstarter that particularly appealed to me for this reason: the dragonslayer standing on a dragon's head, the wizard on a rocky base, the bats rising from a tombstone, etc. This potentially gives me some added value that might push me over the edge to grab a model I might not otherwise have as a first choice; maybe I want to build a graveyard, and I'm willing to get that bat swarm just for another tombstone. (I can put the bat swarm on a piece of wire and a flight stand, after all, and still use it as a model.) I'm happy with the selection as it is, but I just thought I'd mention that as a consideration for future models, since an interesting base does occasionally inspire me to grab a miniature (and I'm sure it'd play an even bigger factor at cheap Bones prices).

• Like 4

I'd like Thundarr- and Heavy Metal-style giant riding bats cast to take a flight stand and with a low-pro saddle so I can put any human-size rider I want on them.

Giant riding rats and daddy long legs would be cool too.

Thanks,

Legion

Well, I do appreciate weapons packs, but bones weapons usually have problems with being straight. I usually take metal weapons and change them out with the bones ones on the minis I have.

skellie3.jpg

So I would like more weapon packs in metal, but without hands attached to them.

Halber

• Like 1

with #2 in mind, I want to see more things that you would see multiples of, including things like cowboys, zombies, marines, pirates, etc

I'd like to see this, too. I especially like the idea of cowboys and marines, and, along those lines, more modern and futuristic figures of troops, explorers, astronauts, and sailors from various eras (including starship crews).

• Like 1

A short wish light of bones minis...

More Chronoscope! Especially the referential such. Sleeping Beauty, Alice and the White Rabbit, etc. These are some of my favorites. Oh! And Orangutango, for sure.

Reptus Turtle Dragon

(I know they were limited and for charity, but...) Any of the Legion of Justice and Caeke!

Drakes

Terrain and buildings

More gnolls

Pegasi

Tinker Gnomes

Centaurs

Angels, planar beings

Water Elementals

Air Elementals

Nadezhda the White, Ice Sorceress

Griffon Riders, Owl Riders, Eagle Riders, etc.

I would like to see some creatures in clear plastic. I notice other people have suggested water elementals like the fire elementals already offered in the Kickstarter.

It would also be a good way to show water nymphs with human forms, ice creatures, and invisible characters.

Just some sprues of transparent weaponry would allow for some useful conversions.

Could perhaps some dragons be released in clear /clear tinted plastic to represent psionic dragons?