Bones You'd Like To See

Dr.Bedlam

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More dragons!

While waiting for the tomb that I am wrapping my Kaladrax around to come in the mail I started work on Stormwing (not at all certain of the color that I want).

Nice figure, decent fit for the parts... and I found myself wanting it as a Bones figure. (The pinning... it was because of the pinning.)

The big Greens would also be nice in plastic... oh, and look a nice big Red....

Yeah, dragons.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

Skeletons; Hordes of skeletons. And Zombies.

. . . Undead cavalry wouldn't go amiss either.

But I think 'horde' or 'grunt' types generally, regardless of faction, really ought to be the focus for the next wave of bones, as production starts to transfer to the states. Comparitively small, simple, figures that are the sort of thing that people, whether wargamers or RP'ers will buy in multiples of at least five at a time at Bones prices.

• Like 5

The next step would be multi-pose troop/ horde types. Or at least, miniatures with swapable/reposable arms and heads. But that's something for when production is fully established, and everyone's confident enough with the process to start experimenting.

Still, I don't see a boxes of, say, ten Tre manor orcs with a mix of hand weapons being slow sellers. Whether to army builders or your local GM.

The next step would be multi-pose troop/ horde types. Or at least, miniatures with swapable/reposable arms and heads. But that's something for when production is fully established, and everyone's confident enough with the process to start experimenting.

Still, I don't see a boxes of, say, ten Tre manor orcs with a mix of hand weapons being slow sellers. Whether to army builders or your local GM.

Agreed. Even with the same pose, I'm sure boxed sets of (for example) 20 zombies for $20 would sell like hotcakes. In fact, I'd stay away from multi-part figures to keep the perk of being pre-assembled and ready to go.

Agreed. Even with the same pose, I'm sure boxed sets of (for example) 20 zombies for $20 would sell like hotcakes. In fact, I'd stay away from multi-part figures to keep the perk of being pre-assembled and ready to go.

Multipose Bones will make reaper a player in the wargames market, while appealing to their traditional RP-based customer base - Every orc in the warband is an individual! - And I don't have to fudge which of them are on half HP, because, well, every one is an individual and it's easy to tell orc no15 from orc no16. Given I saw a thread where people were discussing putting sticky labels on encounter monster's bases to help with bookeeping. . . .

Finally there's the production aspect; Produce, say four basic orc bodies, and as many arm/head sprues as you think you'll need, and you offer a vast number of variants for the sort of outlay a comparitively small company can afford.

I'd mostly like to see things I don't really want to spend the cash on to buy in metal. Townsfolks. Henchmen and pack animals. Town guards. Spell effect markers and things like the Pillar of Good/Evil, dungeon furnishings and terrain. Animals and bulk monsters.

• Like 2

I love this sort of thing, but I don't know if Reaper wishes to make things that are already readily available elsewhere.

For example, you can get 100 not bad zombies in identical poses for around $10:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM2375723303P?sid=IDx20110310x00001i&srccode=cii_184425893&cpncode=30-85336625-2

They come in your choice of grey and glow in the dark, and I believe the company makes zombie dogs also.

There are a lot of troop and horde types that are not readily available and would be great for Bones. But zombies are close to literally a dime a dozen.

For example, you can get 100 not bad zombies in identical poses for around $10:

http://www.sears.com...e=30-85336625-2

If you put up the Bag o' Zombies against standard Reaper miniatures, it's going to look silly. The "Zombies!!!" zombie miniatures are 1:72 scale "true" 25mm (i.e., measuring 25mm from bottom of feet to top of head).

Here's a photo I took for comparison purposes of differences in size/scale for several different sources of my "zombie horde":

2012-08-12-zombicide-lineup.jpg

The "Bag o' Zombies" figure is right in the middle, labeled as "Zombies!!! Zombie." The Wargames Factory plastic zombie (something I'm often recommended as a cheap source of zombies) really isn't much better, coming in at 25mm "heroic" (measured from bottom of feet to eye level, more-or-less). "Aldorf Hinzler" is more representative of the 32mm "heroic" scale of Chronoscope figures.

Anyway, yeah, the little plastic Twilight Games zombies are cheap, but they make for a shrimpy horde compared to 32mm figures.

• Like 2