Bones You'd Like To See

Dr.Bedlam

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted a similar request in the Fantasy Miniatures we'd like to see thread, but will post it here too since I'd love to see these in Bones, or metal or both: we are getting cloud/storm giant and giantess, fire giants/giantess and frost giant/giantesses in the Bones Kickstarter, but it seems there is no available female stone giant or female hill giant from Reaper or any other miniature manufacturer. I'd love to see a Bones female stone giant and a Bones female hill giant (and a Bones version of a male hill giant).

02622: Frulla Krung

I posted a similar request in the Fantasy Miniatures we'd like to see thread, but will post it here too since I'd love to see these in Bones, or metal or both: we are getting cloud/storm giant and giantess, fire giants/giantess and frost giant/giantesses in the Bones Kickstarter, but it seems there is no available female stone giant or female hill giant from Reaper or any other miniature manufacturer. I'd love to see a Bones female stone giant and a Bones female hill giant (and a Bones version of a male hill giant).

She was actually brought up and discussed in the other thread. She's a great sculpt, but I gather zoroaster was looking for a bald female giant -- when I was trying to help him hunt one down, for example, among other things I searched for a female golem or 54mm female shaolin monk. (EDIT: Without finding either anywhere)

A bald, non-grotesque female giant would be something.

Edited by Pingo

She was actually brought up and discussed in the other thread. She's a great sculpt, but I gather zoroaster was looking for a bald female giant -- when I was trying to help him hunt one down, for example, among other things I searched for a female golem or 54mm female shaolin monk. (EDIT: Without finding either anywhere)

A bald, non-grotesque female giant would be something.

Yep - Frulla is just as wrong for a stone giant here as she was on the other thread.

Most giants are kind of interchangeable, I will be able to use the Female Cloud Giant as a Storm Giant by changing the color of the paint.

Stone giants aren't built the same as most - think Rodin's Gates of Hell: The Thinker. Rougher hewn than say a storm giant..

Hill giants are another - some sculptors make them closer to Neanderthal:

65139_p_AF.jpg

10-561.jpg

I use Reaper's giant as the father for the (much older) Ral Partha giant.

I would like to see a female hill giant built along those same lines.

I also like the more upright Hill Giants such as Blorg Mudstump:

02579_w_1.jpg

Frulla might just be a more cleaned up version of same. (I use Blorg for a Hill Giant druid.)

In case anyone missed the gist - I would like to see some of the Hill Giants as Bones... and will be happy with either direction.

The Auld Grump

*EDIT* I tend to use the more upright hill giants as the ones that are more civilized - the Reven Hill Giant gets a dose of the Jotun Blood template from Advanced Bestiary.

Edited by TheAuldGrump

As I explore the Warlord miniatures I am discovering there are a lot of "hidden" models in the soldier lines. I'd like to see these Alt Sculpts come across to Bones instead of the current Warlord sculpt. This would do two things, make those sculpts more accessible and make large units cheaper for Warlord.

examples;

Dwarven Shieldmaiden 14379 has 2 altertante sculpts; P06115B: Head Buns and P06115A: 14379 A

Sir Theo-Justicar, Crusaders Adept 14306 has 2 alternate sculpts; P06105A: With Sword Up and P06105B: With Sword Down

Actually everyone's favourite fighter of many names is an example of how this can work as he is an alt for 14377: Templar Knight Warrior to whom he is known as P06107C: Facing Left as against their buddy P06107A: Facing Forward.

In essence every Soldier model has at least 1 alt sculpt and it would be great to see these in Bones instead of the default.

Edited by ObsidianCrane
  • Like 2

There was rationale for the decision. The army packs allowed for multiple poses, but to keep volume of SKU down so distribution and retailers didn't triple their shelf space to carry the line and freak, single soldier blisters were packaged and one of the two or three poses was chosen based on sales data.

Making the soldiers in all poses in plastic will definitely help army construction. I would expect to see them as army packs or a single individual for the same reasons they did for Warlord and making the other poses Bones Yard-able.