Bones You'd Like To See

Dr.Bedlam

See the thing is to give a counter example we have;

77022: Michelle, Female Human Ranger

20023: Female Ranger (with a Green or a Blue cloak...)

14371: Saori, Shadow Sister

P06173B: Crouching (14371) ( I assume you need P06173C: Sprue as well to get the whole model this way.)

These are all the exact same sculpt... so its really easy to get a lot of that sculpt, but the only way to even know the other Shadow Sister (P06173A: Standing) exists is to go looking in 06173..

So we have a plorifiration of SKUs here but a stagnation of sculpts; if you are introducing Bones SKU's and already have the sculpts why not use some of the alternate ones instead of multiplying the same sculpt through 3 different SKUs?

Yes long term Warlord will benefit from all the sculpts in the army packs being changed to Bones, and some models getting their third sculpt as well, but short term, wouldn't some more model diveresity be better?

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's already been said but here is the short list:

All Weapons Packs

All Familiar Packs

All Adventuring Accessories Packs

All Dungeon Accessories Packs (not already on the way)

Why not just drill out a bones material hand and insert a pewter weapon to do a weapon swap? That seems like the best of both worlds. What am I missing?

It's already been said but here is the short list:

All Weapons Packs

All Familiar Packs

All Adventuring Accessories Packs

All Dungeon Accessories Packs (not already on the way)

Why not just drill out a bones material hand and insert a pewter weapon to do a weapon swap? That seems like the best of both worlds. What am I missing?

The cost of buying them in bulk. That and converting Bones minis with pewter is fun but can be tricky once weight balance comes into play.

• Like 1

See the thing is to give a counter example we have;

77022: Michelle, Female Human Ranger

20023: Female Ranger (with a Green or a Blue cloak...)

14371: Saori, Shadow Sister

P06173B: Crouching (14371) ( I assume you need P06173C: Sprue as well to get the whole model this way.)

These are all the exact same sculpt... so its really easy to get a lot of that sculpt, but the only way to even know the other Shadow Sister (P06173A: Standing) exists is to go looking in 06173..

So we have a plorifiration of SKUs here but a stagnation of sculpts; if you are introducing Bones SKU's and already have the sculpts why not use some of the alternate ones instead of multiplying the same sculpt through 3 different SKUs?

Yes long term Warlord will benefit from all the sculpts in the army packs being changed to Bones, and some models getting their third sculpt as well, but short term, wouldn't some more model diveresity be better?

An interesting point, that's fairly evident on 06173b, is that we tried to choose the stronger of the two sculpts for individual release. We are not likely to choose the second version in cases where we find it distinctly worse in quality - although that is not the case with all of the unreleased variants.

Unless you are saying that 06173A is a lower quality sculpt I think we are hitting the realms of subjective opinion.

Sometimes I like the general release sculpt others I prefer one of the others or like both (as with 06173). That's all very subjective though.

Having read 22 of the 27 pages to this I'm going add my two cents now, and skip the last three pages.

I want dungeon dressings (treasure, pillars, arches, wells, furniture, etc) in plastic. Seriously, I would buy sooooo many piles of treasure if they were cheaper and lighter.

I want clear plastic things like elementals, shadow cats, fairy wings, ghosts, invisible creatures, spell effects, and anything and everything that could reasonably or unreasonably clear. Oh, gem dragons, golems, and that sort of creature!

Hordes of monsters, not just orcs, zombies, kobolds, goblins, and the like, but hordes of slimes, all sorts of horrors, giant bugs, ninjas, anything that could conceivably come in a large group for my husband to throw at us in hordes. It would be nice to have a group of orcs represented by orcs, rather than humans (the farmer holding the pig has become our favoured target).

All the monsters that aren't hero material.

Everything big. Like, anything more than 2 ounces. But particularly DRAGONS!

Oh and I really loved the idea for the gargantuan spider. That would kick hiney!

• Like 3

There are old school hunched orc swordsmen, archers, and spears in the earlier bones, which I'm painting now. They are insanely detailed, I didn't love them in photos but in person they are great. Then there are a bunch of big, gnarly black orc/ uruk hai types in the Bones Kickstarter 1. Kobolds, again, in current Bones, also skeletons.

There are old school hunched orc swordsmen, archers, and spears in the earlier bones, which I'm painting now. They are insanely detailed, I didn't love them in photos but in person they are great. Then there are a bunch of big, gnarly black orc/ uruk hai types in the Bones Kickstarter 1. Kobolds, again, in current Bones, also skeletons.

Hordes of monsters, not just orcs, zombies, kobolds, goblins, and the like, but hordes of slimes, all sorts of horrors, giant bugs, ninjas, anything that could conceivably come in a large group for my husband to throw at us in hordes. It would be nice to have a group of orcs represented by orcs, rather than humans (the farmer holding the pig has become our favoured target).

All the monsters that aren't hero material.

Emphasis mine.