Bones You'd Like To See

Dr.Bedlam

There are old school hunched orc swordsmen, archers, and spears in the earlier bones, which I'm painting now. They are insanely detailed, I didn't love them in photos but in person they are great. Then there are a bunch of big, gnarly black orc/ uruk hai types in the Bones Kickstarter 1. Kobolds, again, in current Bones, also skeletons.

Hordes of monsters, not justorcs, zombies, kobolds, goblins, and the like, but hordes of slimes, all sorts of horrors, giant bugs, ninjas, anything that could conceivably come in a large group for my husband to throw at us in hordes. It would be nice to have a group of orcs represented by orcs, rather than humans (the farmer holding the pig has become our favoured target).All the monsters that aren't hero material.

Emphasis mine.
Emphasis mine ;)

On a more productive note I have to reiterate the call for the cavalry, especially the soldiers for the Crusaders forces. (Boy is that a small but expensive army!)

Sure I can get 12 cavalry for £18 from Warlord Games, but I would rather get my cavalry from Reaper, using the one company for particular arrays of miniatures to better establish cultures in my games.

Edited by ObsidianCrane
  • Like 2

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very long thread, I don't want to dig through to see if it's been mentioned (or even if I've mentioned it), but the rest of the demons in bones, especially Skalathrix and Marbrezuk, would be awesome.

Sometimes a body has need for two or twenty of those. Ruins the effect when you have to substitute ogres or bright yellow army men with walkie-talkies.

• Like 2

Why would you sub in Space Marines?

They're army men. The newer, larger Desert Storm style ones which for some reason come in festive colours (hot pink is not a common camouflage). I got a horde of them years back for giants/ogres/large creatures. Medium size army men for orcs, hobgoblins, etc. And axis & allies pieces for kobolds and goblins.

But if I needed several Skalathrix, and only had one in metal, then desert storm 'giants' go in as proxies.

Having these creatures in Bones would mean I can field multiple Skalathrix. I don't like using proxies, and now that I've discovered a way to paint my Bones for the most part I don't have to. But there's still some gaps in miniatures I'd have a need for multiples of. I probably won't need two pit fiends, or two demonic lashers, but a gaggle of vrock can go a long way.

• Like 1

I probably won't need two pit fiends, or two demonic lashers, but a gaggle of vrock can go a long way.

Always liked Vrock myself, though vulture demons do have a distressing tendency to circle the battlefield waiting for all the mortals to oblige them and turn into carrion rather than attack as you specifically requested of them in your summoning ritual/battle plan that you took extra time to explain to those bird brains....erm...I mean to say that yes having the rest of the demons in Bones (there's a mental image for you) would be quite handy. I can't quite justify the sacrifice of dead presidents for the summoning ritual to get them dressed in pewter but would love to field a demon army using all the Reaper demons someday.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, I have a need for a variety of mantis men for use in massive Dark Sun warfare.

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 2

This is a very long thread, I don't want to dig through to see if it's been mentioned (or even if I've mentioned it), but the rest of the demons in bones, especially Skalathrix and Marbrezuk, would be awesome.

Sometimes a body has need for two or twenty of those. Ruins the effect when you have to substitute ogres or bright yellow army men with walkie-talkies.

What do you have against demons using walkie-talkies? We're not all psionic, you know...

• Like 4

Now all I can picture is the demonic lasher wandering about the Abyss saying: "Can you hear me now?"

The patron daemon of Virgin Mobile. You must sacrifice a virgin once a month to keep your bandwidth.

BEEP-BEEP! "Where you at, bro?"

Edited by Girot
  • Like 1

Azrin - Female Dwarf Barbarian

Working on one right now - for a request by a player. Would be so much easier in Bones PVC.

I am removing her maces and clothing, giving her a besom and a boline.

The lady that I am painting this for is four feet tall and Wiccan. She wants a skyclad dwarf witch....

03108_azrinf_mg.jpg

Nice looking figure. Now I kind of want to paint one for myself, not skyclad....

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

I'd like to see the Warlord line be converted over to Bones starting with the basic soldiers. Keeping these essential soldiers cost low would allow players to build their armies up faster, allow players to start multiple armies, and make it easier for new and younger players to get into the game. For example, my brother just started a Crusader army. One of the basic soldiers he uses are Templar Knights. The official Warlord model SKU 14377 costs $4.99. He substituted in from the Bones line Garrick the Bold SKU 77008 which only costs $1.99 and is the exact same sculpt. So, he can get two Bones for the cost of one Warlord figure. That is some pretty significant savings.

• Like 4

Eh, honestly I'd rather not see any more kobolds any time soon. I don't need my low-level mooks to be perfectly represented by their minis, the basic idea's all you really need to convey. There are so many other things that don't have any Bones representation yet; I vote we get those things first.

• Like 3