Bones You'd Like To See

Dr.Bedlam

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a good list babbles. Especially the mounted figures, one area the first kickstarter lacked for me. Mounted figures are very useful for RPGs and they tend to be expensive. The oxidation beast though is already done.

I'd have to say that my number one wish for bones right now would be a variety of horses. Not just for the horses themselves, but because this then makes mounted figures in the DHL and Warlord lines more viable. With Bone's horses available, mounted versions of popular figures become far more affordable - instead of a metal horse adding $6, $8, $10 or more to the price of the figure, a Bones horse would add $1-3, if that.

• Like 2

I strongly agree with the need for horses (and mounted figures as well), but I'd also like to see abdomen/leg sets for riders. The idea would be that it would make modifying standing figures into mounted figures easier. (Just hack the existing figure at the waist and attach the torso to the riders' leg sets and you have a rider.)

• Like 3

I strongly agree with the need for horses (and mounted figures as well), but I'd also like to see abdomen/leg sets for riders. The idea would be that it would make modifying standing figures into mounted figures easier. (Just hack the existing figure at the waist and attach the torso to the riders' leg sets and you have a rider.)

I agree with this, however, I'd probably be as careful as possible in not destroying the legs and adding in magnets to the torso and both sets of legs, with the mounted legs having an additional magnet in the seat and one in the mount to allow for the most flexitbility to the mount(s) and the rider(s).

From my research this is all highly feasible....that being said, I'd like to see:

Rune Giants

Mounts

Animal companions (Druids, Rangers, maybe some Eidilon figs in a translucent of some kind)

and

wait

for

it

a Buglips mini

• Like 5

I agree re: horses; I'd like something I can convert for my Chronoscope cowboys to ride (especially since now that there are some Bones cowboys, I can feel a lot more comfortable with buying a second one to convert to be a horse-rider piece).

In the meantime, I suppose there's 77029 Silverhorn, Unicorn, who would make a perfect horse once I trim off that goatee and horn ... save for those really hairy fetlocks, which look a bit suspicious on a typical riding horse.

I'd still need to add a saddle and bridle, of course, but the horse is certainly a good starting point (and if a saddle/bridle were included, that would end up "genre-locking" the horse to an extent, depending upon the style).

I can live with a genre lock for bit and bridle. (That would sort of happen with the horse breed anyway.) I wouldn't expect Reaper to produce a different horse model for each style of military tack; leave that to the historicals manufacturers (who do a fairly sketchy job anyway).

I would include a saddle (or other seat) along with the leg sets, since the way the legs are dressed would (or at least could) also imply a style of tack.

This squared. It's what I immediately thought of when I saw the Bones kickstarter. Matching mounted and foot figures are so important for roleplaying games, and because bones are plastic it potentially makes mounted figures so much easier to customize.