Bones You'd Like To See

Dr.Bedlam

Being that Bones are more deasily odified, what I would really like is a few head sprues in Bonsium. Male human female human, elf, and half orc would be the most useful. Make sure they have necks too.

Halber

I like this idea.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything's easier (and tastier) in Bonesium!

except actual food items. then they're tastier in whatever form they took before being made in bonesium... unless that form was also inedible.

EDIT: I want different pieces of fried chicken in bones, as well as a bones KFC bucket. That way I can tease the poor people.

Woah there Sergio Garcia.. take a step back.

What about dinosaur sized animals? Like giant rabbits, sparrows, and goldfish.

When I was a little girl I saw an old "horror" movie on TV, I have no idea what it was called, or anything else about it, except that it have giant bunnies rampanging across the country side, leveling towns, destroying farms, killing people. Needless to say, I thought it was awesome and had no idea why you'd want to stop it. Me, I'd climb on one and lead the charge ::D:

So yes, giant bunnies please, as mounts too. :devil:

What about dinosaur sized animals? Like giant rabbits, sparrows, and goldfish.

When I was a little girl I saw an old "horror" movie on TV, I have no idea what it was called, or anything else about it, except that it have giant bunnies rampanging across the country side, leveling towns, destroying farms, killing people. Needless to say, I thought it was awesome and had no idea why you'd want to stop it. Me, I'd climb on one and lead the charge ::D:

So yes, giant bunnies please, as mounts too. :devil:

"Night of the Lepus."

On a guess.

• Like 1

Right there with you on the Ankheg, though probably only want 2-3 of them :)

I'm curious, are Ankhegs that common in tabletop RPG games (D&D and/or others)? They seem like one of the more esoteric monsters that the DM can throw at the players, like bulettes or gibberlings (as opposed to more common options like orcs, goblins, kobolds, ogres, etc.).

I think in my years of AD&D (which were about a decade ago), I think we maybe fought some Ankhegs... once.

That said, I'm glad that "obscure" options get miniatures, too! ::D:

I'd like to see the whole set of Barrow Wights get made up in Bones. Especially the mounted one, 03357 Golgoth the Ancient. The others in the line are 03575 Barrow Wight Guardian, 03321 Barrow Warden Keeper, and 03220 Barrow Wardens. They're fairly chunky looking so I think they'd be perfect for a Bones transition, and the $20 price point for Golgoth is doing a bit of pushing when it comes to my desire to buy him in metal. But I love the designs.

They make me think of the old Eye of the Beholder PC game box art that used to creep me out as a little kid. They look almost nothing like the skeleton in the old box art, but they make me remember all the times I caught myself staring into his eyes and wondering what that game was, only to run terrified from my dad's office because after about 30 seconds I could swear he was staring back at me and was ready to kill me. Of course, I was extremely young then, around 5 or so is when I first remember it, but that game haunted me for years without me even playing it.

I never played in the Dragonlance setting, so thankfully I never had to deal with Kender. Dragonlance seemed like a great setting for novels, but that magic system was wacky and the whole setting just didn't seem to translate well into an actual game system.

Also, I had totally forgotten about Ankheg armor! I remember getting that in the old Baldur's Gate CRPG.

I'm a big fan of ankhegs.

Also bulettes.

Pretty much anything that gnaws on halflings. Or Kender. Oh, god, especially Kender.

Bah! What does a Canadian know of bullettes? Or gunnes for that matter. Even a Canadian Goblin.

:devil:

• Like 1

I never played in the Dragonlance setting, so thankfully I never had to deal with Kender. Dragonlance seemed like a great setting for novels, but that magic system was wacky and the whole setting just didn't seem to translate well into an actual game system.

Also, I had totally forgotten about Ankheg armor! I remember getting that in the old Baldur's Gate CRPG.

My only experience with Dragonlance was the one module with the ruins that had collapsed (into the earth? Can't remember now), making a pretty much vertical dungeon with water falls all over. I loved that place.

Also bulettes.

Pretty much anything that gnaws on halflings. Or Kender. Oh, god, especially Kender.

Bah! What does a Canadian know of bullettes? Or gunnes for that matter. Even a Canadian Goblin.

more than most people might believe

Ankhegs were used in some of the old Infinity engine D&D games, so I think they got a boost of popularity from that. Plus, you can make armor out of them, which always adds to popularity.

The armour was the big thing. I know as a long time second edition player, we loved seeing Ankhegs as a low level party. Even though they were very tough monsters, and we often lost a player battling these beasts, we'd still hunt them down. Their shell could be crafted into light weight platemail, and it had a huge added bonus if there was a druid in the group. Druids couldn't wear metal armour, but they could wear plate made from animal hides so ankheg armour was what they wore until the party could start killing dragons (and in second edition, that took a fair few levels).

Also bulettes.

Canadians know a great deal about bulettes. Including how to spell bulette. :;): We live on the Canadian Shield (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Shield) so the land shark is the only kind of shark we see.