Bones You'd Like To See

Dr.Bedlam

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious, are Ankhegs that common in tabletop RPG games (D&D and/or others)? They seem like one of the more esoteric monsters that the DM can throw at the players, like bulettes or gibberlings (as opposed to more common options like orcs, goblins, kobolds, ogres, etc.).

I think in my years of AD&D (which were about a decade ago), I think we maybe fought some Ankhegs... once.

That said, I'm glad that "obscure" options get miniatures, too! ::D:

I think Ankegs are a step above most obscure creatures. Granted as a player not too many DM's have ever used them. As a DM though I use them often especially against new players, everyone expects the tradmark goblin/kobolds. I dont think bugs get as much representation as they should. But its a creature that I would want probably 4-5 of realistically. Still its the best sculp Ive seen of that creature. DDM was ok unfortunately they are hard to find anymore. For cheap anyway.

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how the translucent Bonesium will handle 'clear' without any dyes involved. It might come out good, or it may be an odd sort of colour that needed the dye to cover up. That siad I would like to see a couple in blue in the future. Water elementals and that sort of thing

• Like 1

hey! there's a good suggestion! or any of the existing ooze or slime based miniatures cast in translucent blue.

I haven't read all 58 pages of this topic, but I imagine that most suggestions are a variation of "I wanna cheaper version of ___". please correct me if I'm wrong.

another suggestion: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/demon/sku-down/14417, yeah, they did him in white, but with a translucent red cast he (or other gargoyle-like creatures) could become Fire Balrogs.

Sets of two figs:

One piece of terrain, and the same piece of terrain as a mimic! :D

How would that work? Would it be like one of those Jim Henson Muppet Show things where the furniture sprouts eyes and teeth and starts chasing people around?

• Like 3

Sets of two figs:

One piece of terrain, and the same piece of terrain as a mimic! :D

How would that work? Would it be like one of those Jim Henson Muppet Show things where the furniture sprouts eyes and teeth and starts chasing people around?

Sort of, only that this thing has CR 4 ;)

Mimics are dugeon-dwellers that have the ability to look like objects. They have a layer of slime, that may get adventurers (or their gear) stuck.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG186.jpg

http://dndsrd.net/monstersMtoN.html#mimic