Bones You'd Like To See

Dr.Bedlam

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Translucent Fairy Wings parts.

You can do whole fairies if you like but the wings would be a great replacement for http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/fairy%20wing/sku-up/03486

And the wing parts for all the metal fairy models in general.

Yes, this! Ten thousand times this!

and times ten thousand more!

Yeah, I'd say there is a call for this sort of thing.

Some players are reaaaaaal finicky about getting a mini exactly as they see their character,

Reaperbryan, on 26 Jan 2013 - 09:47, said:
a convention asked me for a fighter with a bow, and I presented them with 02918: Mason Thronwarden, Ranger. The customer expressed joy at the perfect model, but before reaching the register, turned back to me and said he could not get that mini, he needed a Fighter with a Bow, and the package clearly marked him as a Ranger.

Reading this made me laugh but it hurt me some what - its one thing to want the perfect model to represent your character but not getting the perfect model because its marked as a different class... that is sad.

I tend to view things in a more classless fashion - I used a female dwarf barbarian as the base for a skyclad dwarf witch, for example - scratch building a broom and modifying a sword into a boline to take the place of the maces that the barbarian was carrying and a hand swap (the gauntlets and maces went into my bits box).

03108_azrinf_mg.jpg

The figure that was the base.

*EDIT* Also - I would like to see this mini in Bones.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump

That is impressive - I don't think I am quite capable of doing a conversion like that. Though my husband probably could - he enjoys modeling way more than me. I keep having arguments with the super-glue! I prefer the painting - though honestly I am new to the hobby, so it could just be that. Its why I am so excited to get my hands on the KS stuff - it will give me so much to play with and learn from.

I think that is a big thing with the bones lines - as a beginner these models seem so much more forgiving. The first model I painted was a plastic demon (a GW Demon Prince for my husband's Chaos army) I loved it and couldn't wait to try some more. I picked up some of reapers metal minis and found it so frustrating - it seemed every time I was just getting happy with a layer of my painting Id some how chip it and need to go back and fix it. These bones models I don't even have to wait for my husband to prime them (we use spray prime and it makes me sick). I also feel more comfortable experimenting and less worried I will screw up because they are so much cheaper. I still expect to be frustrated with the learning process but I don't think the learning curve will be as steep as with metal minis

• Like 3

In this case the conversion really was not that hard - I could cheat - using plastic dwarf hands from the Berserkers set from Avatars of War.

Both the boline and besom were pretty easy to craft.

The besom was based on a 1 inch length of brass road, bent twice to make it visually interesting.

A thin layer of green stuff to add a wood texture, and a conical blob of green stuff to make the bristles. Crafting time... maybe an hour, not counting drying times.

The boline was a metal dagger in my bits box, twisted round into a sickle shape.

The girl I crafted it for is a Wiccan, and is just a bit over 4' tall. (She used to joke that she was 3' 12", but she is closer to 4' 6 - her mum is 4' even.)

She has started painting miniatures for herself - we get together about twice a week at Burger King to work on minis together.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I would really like to see more true dragons, ones with rear legs and wings, no front legs. The six-legged dragons just look so wrong to me. I can understand them being done that way to make the large chunks of metal more structurally solid, but with bones plastic that wont be an issue.

A while back I posted a list of models that I thought would be a good addition to the bones line (see here), I also said that I didn't include all of the models Id like to see because the list was long enough as it was. So I thought Id share a few more models that I would like to see in bones, there are still models that I don't think are really covered in the current Bones selection (including the KS)

Fey

60067: Nyrissa, Dryad Queen

06204: Elf Fairies

14479: Drys, Elven Dryad

New Model - male fey

Nefsokar Models

14241: Thoth, Nefsokar Cleric

14256: Sphinx, Nefsokar Monster

14381: Nefsokar Devourer of Ammat

14390: Anubis Guard

Angels to Fight all those demons

14080: Guardian Angel, Crusaders Solo

03114: Deva, Angel

14234: Guardian Beast

Clear Plastic

02546: Death Shroud

02743: Tara The Silent

02819: Gloom Wraith

New Model - Wisp

Demons

60007: Sinspawn

14215: Hound Of Judgement

14365: Darkspawn Imp

02760: Jalinrix, Female Devil

02633: Vandorendra Demon

Horrors & Aberrations

14638: Shade Beast, Darkreach Monster

03477: Brain Horror

03582: Mind Eater

14150: Grave Horror, Necropolis Monster

The sad thing is this doesn't even come near to completing all the models Id like to see in bones, Reaper has so many great miniatures and Id love to see them all in Bones so that they are more affordable not to mention easier to paint! I really hope there is another Kickstarter in the future so that they can increase their bones line faster. Has anyone heard if that is a possibility? I have seen a few rumors but they seem to be more people says "Reaper would be crazy not to" than actually having seen anything said by the Reaper team.

@Shadowdragon - even in artwork I haven't really seen a dragon like you are describing, I have seen serpent dragons without any limbs (some with wings some without) like those seen in Chinese mythology. But that is just me

Edited by babbles

So she is! There are so many models in the KS that I have missed a few - I cant wait to get my hands on them and really SEE what there is XD Thanks for pointing her out! I hadnt actually seen the preview gallery - now I am having a ball going through it!

@Shadowdragon - I have found this in the preview gallery http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/sku-down/03659 - that's what you are after isnt it?

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I would really like to see more true dragons, ones with rear legs and wings, no front legs. The six-legged dragons just look so wrong to me. I can understand them being done that way to make the large chunks of metal more structurally solid, but with bones plastic that wont be an issue.

Typically the ones with no forelegs are called 'Wyverns'.

A 'proper' dragon, in the early mediaeval sense, has neither wings nor any legs at all. Being known as Wyrms, Worms, Verms, Orms, etc..

(Incomprehensible Northern, the both of them. The latter is more punk than folk.)

That said, I would like to see a proper wyrm, and wyverns would be cool as well.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump

The Cthulhu Wars miniatures are VERY expensive. AFAIK, no one owns the rights to make Cthulhu miniatures (?) so I'd like to see more Arkham Horror-related mini's appear in the next Reaper KS.

It's too bad that miniature, RPG, and game companies don't talk better with each other. In a perfect world, Sandy Peterson designs the game, Fenris Miniatures sculpts the miniatures, Reaper makes Bones versions of them, and Chaosium designs RPG adventures around them -- using the FFG Mansions of Madness tiles!

• Like 3