Bones You'd Like To See

Dr.Bedlam

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to add again, for emphasis, how nice it would be to have armed and armored troops for the various fantasy races to buy in bulk. Helmed and armored dwarves, orcs, goblins, kobolds, etc. would be nice. I'd especially like to see D&D-style hobgoblin troops, or old-school pig-faced orcs in armor and helmets. I'd buy handsful of those.

• Like 2

my first post, so hello everybody

I'd like to see the Centaurs and phoenix in bones

I agree whith what many people have said, big figures and those that gamers will want lots of such as rank and file goons will give the biggest benefit from the bones treatment.

feathered, bat and fairy wings in bones will do really well for conversion as you can put them on a metal figure without unbalancing it.

Some other ideas are elephants, wargames elephants tend to be undersized and expensive. No-one looks likely to do a plastic kit so there is a big potential market from wargamers with armies such as Indians and Carthaginians. as well as fantasy versions. Several versions could share parts of the same elephant.

Wagons and carts, with slot-in loads of cargo would be good, as would livestock, the cost of buying these sort of things for the odd sheep rustling or ox-cart hijack in metal would be severe, but in bones ::):

• Like 5

Welcome to the forums Olaf. May your stay be enjoyable. I agree too. I was seriously tempted to pic up the Phoenix at the gaming store on saturday, but it was, nearly a quarter the cost of the rest of the stuff I bought on it's own, so it stayed on the shelf for another time

One of the more interesting things Bones offers the capacity to do is produce the same model at different sizes.

For example a Dragon sculpt that could be offered as a Large, Huge and Gargantuan size model. Yes I know the costs of moulds is huge but the ability to scale a model up (or down) offers an interesting range of possibilities for monsters that popular systems use in different sizes.

Things like the Phoenix could be done in Medium, Large and Huge varieties.

Toads in small and medium.

(General note on sizes; small fits on a 20mm base, medium fits on a 25mm base, large = 50mm, huge = 75mm, gargantuan = 100mm, colossal > 124mm)

• Like 1

The current phoenix sculpt is nice, but it's not terribly memorable. It would be cool if the tail was longer, the wings more sweeping, and the head more eagle like. And of course, in bones.

And elephaaaaaants! ^_^

I agree, I would love to see a Phoenix in bones but a new model rather than 03001: Phoenix.

I dont know what it is but it doesnt catch me as many other Reaper models do. Its a shame because as a modelling artist Sandra Garrity is amazing!

Hmm, I posted this in a different thread but as I'm really looking at Bones now I thought I'd post it here, plus some.

I'd lime to see all the Halflings done in Bones plus mounted versions of the same.

• Like 1

Hmm, I posted this in a different thread but as I'm really looking at Bones now I thought I'd post it here, plus some.

I'd lime to see all the Halflings done in Bones plus mounted versions of the same.

no offense intended, but I must point out that the guy who looks like Peter Jackson wants more hobbits! hehehe...

• Like 1