Anyone here paint using mageyes?

I for one couldn't do without 'em.

I use a 2x lens and it does wonders. I'll never be a competition-level painter by any means but they really really improved my painting ability. Note that I have LASIK-corrected vision, and I'm older (42) and will probably have to use reading glasses anyway, but I gotta say the Mageyes really do work well for me.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Artists

I tried Mageyes, but I had already gotten used to using an Optivisor, and couldn't make the switch. So yes, I absolutely paint (and prep!) with magnification, just not that particular variety. (I do sort of wish I had started with the Mageyes, it's probably more back-friendly since it allows you to hold the mini lower and such.)

I tried Mageyes, but I had already gotten used to using an Optivisor, and couldn't make the switch. So yes, I absolutely paint (and prep!) with magnification, just not that particular variety. (I do sort of wish I had started with the Mageyes, it's probably more back-friendly since it allows you to hold the mini lower and such.)

Haven't used an Optivisor but I can tell you I love my mageyes - I keep them aligned with my upper lip and just glance downward while painting, that way "looking up" means just looking forward normally. No headaches nor backaches :)

I have a pair if each and I have to say that I like them both for different reasons. If I had to choose one, it would be the mageyes because it allows me to see the TV while I paint. I ended up getting two sets of the mageyes with two different lens so I could save time by not switching the lens.

Oh and I am 47--no wait 48 almost 49 and I have embraced magnification even though I never had glasses... So listen up you whipper snappers magnification is good.... ::D: