ReaperCon RPG & Events

Monkey Tep Miniatures

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the Warlord and Reich games, I don't have a schedule yet. I don't worry about it to much until the class schedule is out. Only after they scarf up the classes are people worried about what they are going to do the rest of the time.

As for what games, how many people want to see High Noon in Denton County and/or Pirates vs. Ninjas again?

• Reaper User

Where are the listings?

I must be daft as I can't find them!

Sorry for the confusion....they're here in the Forums, not on the main site; the headings all start with Reaper Con RPG - followed by the title. There are 5 in all. And, these are merely informational - sign up info will come later. For now, feel free to ask any questions about the scenarios.

I'll be working with Tim (Castlebuilder) to get the Warlord events up as well.

Stay tuned!

• Reaper User

Joseph Wolf (Reaperwolf) is running these scenarios. These events are by no means the only gaming events, but rather the "official" games set in Reaper's Adon campaign setting. There will be other RPGs going on as well, specifically Pathfinder Society stuff. We don't have that schedule ready to post just yet though. I expect that when Bryan returns from PAX East, we'll have more info.

You know I may have to "roll" up a goblin that uses the Reaper Pirate goblin mini & make him a gunslinger for "We Be Goblins"

let the mayhem commence...................

Also note for WBG I'm gonna do thing a bit different for handing out characters. Pretty much each character sheet will have a color tab on it & the players draw a color. So you might end up something you've never played before or maybe even a different sex (oooooooooooo). I figured that would add to the chaos in the game :devil:

I been thinkin if there is space to run a 3rd Beginner Box game & have it pirate themed. With all the pirate themed adventures going on I wonder if that would be overkill thou.

BTW Tim please run the games, either one will be good. Never did get a chance to watch or play in any of those last year.

We Be Goblins is a funny module. It's short + I mean come on the party are goblins instead of the standard elf, dwarf, human. etc etc. Just adds to the fun of the weekend. Heck it even has a plot!!! ha ha ha ha.

• Reaper User

Ok so there have been a few questions related to the official Reaper mini rpg events. Without going into any of the gory details, mostly 'cuz they're not done yet, the events are slated to run two to 2.5 hours during the day but at night we have a little more leeway so that means three hours of thrills & chills. I'm leaving an hour in between event as slush time in case an event runs over. This also gives the poor GM an hour or so to catch his breath, collect the materials and prep the table for the next event.

Note! Those who play the two hour events won't be cheated! Expect the same amount of material in 2/3rds the time so expect time to fly as I continuously apply the pressure to keep ya moving and on track. As far as experience goes, noobs (to gaming or the specific system) are welcome but as far as ages go I think 10 and up is reasonable. If a parent accompanies the kid then there's some wiggle room but I do have the other players to consider. As far as content goes, expect PG or at worst PG13. Hopefully I can keep my potty mouth in check. I'll provide all the pregens, maps & handouts, and miniatures but you might want to bring at least one set of polyhedrals, probably several for Savage Worlds. More than likely someone will have a set to lend ya.

Ideally I'd like a minimum of 4 players maximum of 6 (or 8 for Savage Worlds if I'm feeling up to it), When I balance encounters I do so for 4-6 players. If it turns out I have less than 3 I'll just wing it and run the players through whatever faction appropriate stuff I make up on the spot. Time is precious so expect to be rolling dice inside of 5 minutes following a very brief introduction to the setting, system, and scenario.

System wise we'll break up the events so each of the events will be run in both Pathfinder and Savage Worlds at least once. Eventually the schedule will reflect this fact. If it turns out that a bunch of players register for a Savage Worlds demo but they really really really wanna play the Pathfinder version, I'll probably bend to the whims of the mob.

The Savage Worlds events will use the Savage Worlds Deluxe edition with lots of new material including new races, edges & hindrances, etc. specific to Dark Heaven Legends.

The Pathfinder events will have plenty of our own takes on the various races and whatnot but otherwise it'll be very familiar to fans of Paizo's opus.

Hopefully this answers a few of the questions.

See ya there.

>>ReaperWolf