forum contest?

Nameless

@MonkeySloth - that's ok, I prefer to take part in the contest and have another mini finished ::):

my ideas for the contest were:

1. tie the deadline with ReaperCon clock ticking on the Reaper main page

2. Reaper miniatures only, of course

3. no theme (as these limit number of participants)

4. no public voting - the last time Kit had to tweak results a bit due to dodgy voting going on. He told me he's busy now, so I don't think we can bother him with checking polls and votes.

if you want to use any of these - go ahead ::):

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I am busy working on behind the scenes stuff for RCon, I wont have time to paint anything right now. So, I volunteer to be one of the judges if that is acceptable.

On another note, (someone more knowledgeable please correct me on this) if the past rules for ReaperCon still apply, and if my poor excuse of memory serves me correctly, then any paintjob submitted into the forum contest would still be elidgible to be entered at ReaperCon. So, anyone that is planning on going to the Con, this could serve as motivation to get them painting for this as well.

It looks like we're going Fantasy, non-fantasy and then either diorama or open.

I'm also looking to see if we can add a sculpting section that would be prize supported by some of my author friends who are judging but we'd want to make sure we could get entries for that as the prizes would be books.

Everyone can enter and we'll choose the best so the level is dictated by who enters. I personally haven't won a contest before and I looked at them as a way to force myself to take a lot of time on one miniature back when I started and improve over looking at it as a competition. My first entry into a contest was on this forum and the jump from my previous miniatures was substantial because instead of spending 6 hours on one figure I spent 20.

So what I'm saying, basically, is enter. You've got 3 weeks so spend a lot of time on one and you'll be surprised what you can achieve.