Sign in to follow this  
Da Matt

Da Matt vs Shelf of Shame

So I've been told I'm not allowed to buy any more miniatures until I finish what I have (gasp!). While my shelf of shame is insignificant compared to lots of other people it must be done. I figured starting a big work in progress for myself would be a good way to not only motivate myself (besides the promise of more miniatures) but also give me a good spot that I can actually see my progress. I'll have to take inventory of what I have when I get home and I'll edit this post with my list and update it as I make progress. Other than that I guess wish me luck. When I'm done I'm getting myself 14417: Rauthuros and 14445: Hydra

Reaper Minis

03407: Hellborn Troll

03451: Norgol, Irongrave Knight

03449: Halmar, Young Wizard

03432: DHL Classics: Undead Hounds (3)

03442: Gulark, Reptus Warlord

02584: Townsfolk II

03024: Kobold Leader and Sorcerer

03312: Townsfolk: Cultists and Victim (victim & ring)

02417: Giant Spiders (2)

03409: Nadia of the Blade

03373: Sindolise, Hellborn Sorceress

03389: Deckard Nightveil, Bone Pander Death Priest

03394: Rat Swarm (2)

03383: Vampire Spawn (4)

03329: Hannah Blackruby, Female Wizard

03261: Bergo Ironbelly, Halfling Pirate

03123: Townsfolk VIII:Village Mob (3)

50039: Gug, Eldritch Horror

02957: Darkrasp, Death Priest

14012: Gauntfield, Necropolis Hero

65047: Giant Rats (4)

02787: Cupid and Cherubs (3)

02869: Elise, The Witch

02834: Deladrin, Assassin

02986: Eldessa, Necromancer

02766: Arrius the Black, Skeletal Champion

06170: Goblin Skeeters (4), Reven Adept

03189: Goblin Warriors (4)

60006: Goblin Warriors (4)

14041: Familiars I(4) Fairy was the girfriends 1st mini

03099: Klaus Copperthumb, Dwarf Thief

01424: Echidnox, Hedgehog Hero

01427: Platypod, Platypus Mage

01428: Frumitty, Lemur Cleric

Dark Platypus

Magical Light Sconces (10)

Torch Sconces (10)

Unknown

Skeletons (8)

Zombies (8)

*Numbers after the name represent the number of minis left under that name.

• Like 1

I'm very curious as to how many miniatures that will be for you. Finishing what I have would be a herculean task at this point. I should be divesting myself of miniatures at this point.

In January or February (can't remember), I finished off my last 'shameful' miniature having worked my way through almost 2 dozen. At the end I felt great, and a little bummed b/c they were such amazing minis and they had sat for so long without any paint/love.

The idea of not being able to get more minis until I finish what I have? Heresy.

I'm a grownup, durnit, and this is why I went and grew up: so nobody could tell me that.

Besides, it's a well known fact that as soon as you paint ALL your metal, you die. Got to leave yourself some work for tomorrow!

I'm not allowed to buy any more miniatures until I finish what I have

wowww

i cant do that to myself that too cruel :unsure:

is like dont buying dvds until i watch the ones i have :blink:

Besides, it's a well known fact that as soon as you paint ALL your metal, you die. Got to leave yourself some work for tomorrow!

I knew it! I'm immortal!

Winning! :bday:

Hazaa the list is now up. I've got a weapons pack and a few assorted bits in there too but this is everything that wouldn't be used on sometng else. I'll probably put the links in it later.

I don't want to not have a pile of metal sitting around but its a matter of "You can't have any more ice cream until you fiish the ice cream you already have" as my friend put it. The girlfriend also wasn't too happy when I told her I wanted more despite the glimmering pile of awesomness I already have or the hefty price tag on my "rewards". Why they refuse to let me be like Smaug and sit atop my pile of treasure is beyond me. Though I don't think she realizes when I'm done with them they then have to be kept safe rather than in a drawer. I'm sure I'll pick up a few here and there before I'm done but that can be our little secret.

Also if anyone is interested I've got a bit of a mystery with the skeletons and zombies. I got them a while ago each in a pack of 8 but can't for the life of me figure out who made them. The stamp on the bottom of the zombies all say HP 1987 JO and the skeletons are HP 91 JO.

I think in 15mm that requires 36 - 40 miniatures per unit and you can't play with less than 10 units is about the way to go. Army painting is when the lead piles really start to accumulate.

• Like 1

The idea of not being able to get more minis until I finish what I have? Heresy.

I'm a grownup, durnit, and this is why I went and grew up: so nobody could tell me that.

Thanks Doc!

I think in 15mm that requires 36 - 40 miniatures per unit and you can't play with less than 10 units is about the way to go. Army painting is when the lead piles really start to accumulate.

Come to think of it I don't know that there are any places that even do army games... Might have to look into that... crap...

Check with your local FLGS and see what folks are playing. Odds are heavy it will be GW's 40K or Battlefront's Flames of War

Thanks Doc!

Let's see- thousands of miniatures painted at about one every two to four weeks, that's in the best case scenario twenty six miniatures per year. Let's say I have 2,000 miniatures (easily), 2000/26= 76.9230769 years, assuming I don't buy any more. I'm already 44, so I'm looking at 120 years old before I have to start worry about buying more.